CD's or Vinyl

BlackSabbath73

I have never heard a record but have heard that they have a much deeper and defined sound then cd's do.

Never heard a record? Wow... vinyl rocks!!!!!!! But it´s just like if you have a horse, you can travel fast... only with a car, you can travel faster...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, it seems to me that my generation buy's more CD's than our parents bought records when they were our age. Maybe it's because our parents were smarter about saving their money...

Maybe more CD's than L.P. records but we had boxes upon boxes of 45 singles. Bought those at about a buck a piece and frequently broke the old piggy bank. In my neighborhood it was a tradition to stop at the record store at least once a week to pick up the hot stuff the radio stations were hyping. Record stores also had listening booths where you could go in and play the record to see if you liked it. Sort of like the "listening stations" at the stores today. Buying an L.P. was reserved for artists that you REALLY liked. Seems like prices were about four to five dollars and that was a pretty good chunk of dough (a full tank of gas in Dad's Dodge and a pack of smokes).

When I was a teenager (late 70s-early 80s) I used to buy a couple of albums each month on average. If I remember back, an album was about £3.00 then which was a lot of money to a spotty youth. I used to do farmwork whenever possible to pay for my teenage excesses - cans of Hansa lager, dirt-bikes, Leibfraumilch (for the ladies), records, fishing gear and dodgy clothes. I 'wanked' a lot of sprouts, but whilst I was fast I could never do it for as long as the older women in the shed!

Regards