Star Wars 1.2

cosmosis

So this new DVD box set contains versions that have been edited even more. What do you think? Should he keep messing with history like that? I think he should get a life and move on. I decided not to buy the set and instead downloaded the laserdisc versions that someone turned into these cool DVD's and I could not be happier. I'm I a geek for being a Star Wars purist? Whatever the answer, I will not buy untill you release the untouch original versions I grew up with, Mr. Lucas.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched mine yet, but I read in article in Entertainment Weekly where George Lucas says that he mostly changed backround paintings and a couple of scenes. As the director and creator of the films, I think it's his right to do so. I liked the special editions he put out. You can always catch the original somewhere, so it's nice to see a fresh take, especially if done by the original artist. If it were someone else editing them or adding scenes as they saw fit....then that would be a problem.

Well he did added scenes on the first special edition. Even changed the some actor (Anakin on ROTJ I think?) to coincide with the new trilogy. Totally redid ships, alien characters... you name it. Do a google and you'll be surprised. I would be pissed if David Gilmour decided to re-do some of his early solos, bury the originals away and hope people forget they even existed.

JMHO