Radio gaga - Electric 6 (video)

circe_chiron

my other half swears he saw a video on one of the music channels with someone dancing on freddie mercury's grave. the song was radio gaga, i think. i've searched and searched but can't find anything. i don't think he particularly liked the song (and the video, well....) but he really wants to prove to me that he didn't dream it! any ideas? thanks all ::

ARGH, this is electric 6's version of Radio Ga-ga and i insist we all boycott it as it is extremely bad taste. It has the dude from electric six in a Freddie costume with a mustache and false buck teeth groping himself while standing on freddie's grave. it sickened me when i saw it. The song is rubbish and it is basically taking the rip out of one of the best singers to ever grace this earth. It's homophobic and wrong. the only funny part about the video is the part where they have poodles to represent Brian May. You cannot imagine how angry this video makes me grr grr grr :beady:

Thanks so much! The other half hasn't mentioned the song for the last few days, so I think he may have forgotten about it. Well, at least I know now that he didn't dream it. I was a bit concerned as to why he would dream about such a distasteful thing, but at least I know now that it wasn't his fault! thanks again :bow:

ARGH, this is electric 6's version of Radio Ga-ga and i insist we all boycott it as it is extremely bad taste. It has the dude from electric six in a Freddie costume with a mustache and false buck teeth groping himself while standing on freddie's grave. it sickened me when i saw it. The song is rubbish and it is basically taking the rip out of one of the best singers to ever grace this earth. It's homophobic and wrong. the only funny part about the video is the part where they have poodles to represent Brian May. You cannot imagine how angry this video makes me grr grr grr :beady:

I totally agree with you, Mairi. Some performers are artistically impotent so they derile the true artists of the generation. Sad. Pathetic. Insecure. Empty. Let's call them S.P.I.E.s.

PS: They're not even the first to portray May using poodles. Not even original. SPIEs!!

As funny as Electric 6 are, this is taking it too far. There is nothing funny about death, no ones passing should be mocked and dancing on anyone's grave is a great sign of disregard and disrespect. It's not artistic, metaphoric, amusing, pleasing or necessary. They're only too happy to use a Queen song, but cannot even pay respect to the legends who they're earning cash off of? SPIEs!!!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

eek! i haven't seen the video but it sounds awful. i'm quite disappointed cos i really like electric six and saw them play at oxegen last summer - they were brilliant, very entertaining and they performed theor cover of radio gaga very well. also the bass player was eyeing me up throughout the set and came off the stage after the set to shake my hand, much to my boyfriend's disgust! :laughing: