"Eo oh oh oh eo eo.."?

Kiana

ya know that part in the wisard of oz when Dorothy is trapped in the witches lair-y type thing and Scarecrow, etc are trying to save her and they see the funny guards with hats like the Queen's guards? they were singing "ooh eee oooh, e ooooooh oh" and doing a funky little dance. maybe that's it. :rockon:

By any chance was the song a vocal version of "Tequila"?

"Tequila" by The Champs in 1958 is an instrumental featuring a funky sax burping out a rhythm that could conceivably be vocalized as your "eo oh oh oh eo oh".

The only spoken word in the whole song is "Tequila!"

It was featured in a Pee Wee Herman movie, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, I think. That was about what 10 or 15 years ago?

By any chance was the song a vocal version of "Tequila"?

"Tequila" by The Champs in 1958 is an instrumental featuring a funky sax burping out a rhythm that could conceivably be vocalized as your "eo oh oh oh eo oh".

The only spoken word in the whole song is "Tequila!"

It was featured in a Pee Wee Herman movie, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, I think. That was about what 10 or 15 years ago?

No, I don't think that's the song. They only sing "Tequila" once or maybe twice in the song. And I believe it's very new. But thanks anyway! I wish I could sing it to you, hehe, because i kind of know the lyrics in the refrain. But unfortunatly I can't make any words out of it.. :(

• 9 years later...

Here is the answer : "Milk & Sugar - Canto Del Pilon ft. Maria Marquez

I hope that's the song she's looking for.

The version that Kiana heard would have been a different version, since she asked the question in 2004 and Milk & Sugar didn't do their remix of this song until 2013.

Here's some versions I found.

Quinteto Contrapunto did a version in the '60s:

"Canto de Pilon" - Quinteto Contrapunto

Maria Marquez did a version in the '80s:

"Canto del Pilon" - Maria Marquez and Frank Harris

Milk & Sugar did a remix of Maria and Frank's '80s version in 2013:

"Canto del Pilon" - Remix by Milk & Sugar feat. Maria Marquez (2013)

There's also this extended version by Russian Percussion band, Sambateria.

"Canto Del Pilon" - Sambateria

The song is a Venezuela folk song from long ago.

There have been many versions from different artists throughout the years.

Kiana,

If you see this post after all these years, type "Canto del Pilon" or "Canto de Pilon" into the search box on youtube and you can listen to many versions from different artists.

If this is the song you were looking for, I hope you can find the version you heard during your summer stay in Turkey.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/16/2004 at 11:18 AM, Kiana said:

When I was on a summer-holiday in Turkey, I heard this great song!

Now I hardly can remember the lyrics and I don't know the artist ::!

I think the title of the song was Eo, or something, because the chorus went something like this; "Eo oh oh oh eo eo"..

I can't remember anything else, because I didn't knew the language.. :(

Please help me, I need to find this song!!! :help:

Hey Kiana, it has been many years since your question. Wasn't it the song "Vara" by Genius ??

• 6 months later...