the KILLERS

tashadaphne

actually there's no 'the' in front of manic street preachers!! people just always put it there cos it sounds natural. i know what you mean though jill, there's been an explosion of 'the' bands lately: the strokes, the hives, the shades, the kills, the killers, the beta band, the dandy warhols, the darkness, the reindeer section, the streets.... and those are just off the top of my head!! it doesn't beother me too much but it is getting a bit old and i won't call my band 'the' anything because you're automatically pigeon-holed with the new wave!

THE KILLERS ROCK! And honestly..who cares if they have "The" in front of their name,that was in a film once..it was also mentioned on a Sum 41 video and now everyone goes on about it,it's the music that counts not the name,the album is soOoooo good! my fave songs are "All these things I've done" "Mr Brightside" "Andy your a star" "Indie rock n roll",in America they are getting as big as Franz Ferdinand and getting really big over here! I would say they are one of the best bands ever! and VERY original.

I'm not really a huge fan of the Manic's..but yeah they have been around for quite a wee while! LOVE The Killers! their album is sooo good!! I first heard "Mr Brightside" on the radio months ago and wrote the name of band and song down! then I heard their other songs like "All these things I've done" on a cable tv channel,"Somebody told me" has just recently gone to number 2 in the charts! was beaten by Elvis *shakes head*

Oo *claps hands* a TADPOLE!! like me! anywho yeah i saw one of the guys from Duran,Duran on a show last night he was picking his fave song at the moment and said it was The Killers "Somebody told me" he mentioned that during the 90s he felt there wasn't enough if any decent rock groups like The Killers and he loved them! There one of a kind,truly amazing group! Meant to be brilliant live to boot!

Duran Duran's self-titled debut is eons ahead of anything The Killers could ever muster - or any band of to-day, for that matter. Nothing will ever beat "Planet Earth," "Late Bar," "Khanada," "Careless Memories" and the rest of those songs. The entire album was timbral perfection and one of the best from the 80s. Try again :beatnik: If you like The Killers, you guys should also listen to The Bravery's new single, "Unconditional" :headphones:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ahh yeah it's really overplayed here too,it was most people's first song that they heard from them but the song I heard first was last year sometime "All these things that I've done" great song! I knew I had to get their album,also love "Andy your a star" "Glamourous Indie rock & roll" and ahh well you get the point lol

I have the album here but to be honest I've not listened to it ~ along with the Athlete, Feeder, The Zutons, Green Day albums etc. I got them all from an *ahem* friend about a month ago. Too many to go through all at once!!

I'm goin to make a point of listening to it later tonight :thumbsup: