Anyone got the low-down on Dickie Betts?

The Guitar vertuoso Mr. Dickie Betts got the axe from The Allman Brothers for renewing his relationship with the monkey. Does anyone know whether the group might take him back? Is he seeking rehab, or is there a strong possibility we will read about him in the Obits?

Thanks, CHAFF.

Last I heard, Dickie had his own band, The Dickie Betts Band, and was playing small theaters on occasion. I ran into his drummer a while ago, and he told me Dickie was doing well. I think it's unlikely that he will return to the Allman Brothers, because it seems Gregg has his mind made up. Hopefully, Dickie will get the recognition he deserves as not only a guitar player, but a talented songwriter as well. He's written some classics, including "Blue Sky" and "Jessica." It's clear The Allman Brothers are much greater than the sum of their parts, and this works against any member on his own. I hope Dickie's story ends well.

Carl; if you will recall, Dickie had a band titled "The Dickie Betts band" when Greg had sold out on a drug charges back when the band originally broke up. It took years of pain for Gregg to arrive at the conclusion that he could'nt really make it on his own. I believe it was Gregg's oppologies to band members that finally netted forgiveness from them, and a reunion that brought us some fair to midland albums afterwords.

Your right the band is only equal to the sum of it's parts. With that thought in mind; Dickie was at least second, and in my mind first in credits for the creative genious behind the band with his ability to improv his live performances, and his ability to lay down the leads that would drive this band to historical relevance.

Thanks for the thoughtfull input. Thanks, CHAFF/Chafe :guitar: