Greatest films of the 30's

Mike

Tod Browning's Freaks is a classic indeed. Very under-rated film. The pin-head sisters served as inspiration for "Zippy" :: Also, the siamese twins in that film were in an infamous court case because one of them had killed a man, but couldn't be tried because the other was innocent of the crime ::

Tod Browning's Freaks is a classic indeed. Very under-rated film. The pin-head sisters served as inspiration for "Zippy" :: Also, the siamese twins in that film were in an infamous court case because one of them had killed a man, but couldn't be tried because the other was innocent of the crime ::

Really!? So if you're a siamese twin, your twin can kill somebody without being prosecuted? That would be kind of freaky!

I saw that "most scary moments" ... or whatever, on AMC. The scene with the torso guy sold me, with him slithering and crawling, and the knife in his mouth! You could never make a movie like that today.

How could they? The other twin didn't kill the guy, so you can't put one in prison (or to death) because they are attached permanently. I think the case was in 1959 (sometime in the 50s, but I'm not sure). You should see the torso guy light a cig - I'd pay to see THAT :beatnik:

...scene with the torso guy sold me, with him slithering and crawling, and the knife in his mouth! You could never make a movie like that today.

Undoubtedly the most bizarre footage in horror movie history. Never had I seen so many real monsters/freaks brought together in one film. Unquestionably the closest thing to just a real human head crawling around that I've ever seen. Re-animator gone horribly wrong.

What makes it so surreal is that it's real.

I still can't figure out what torso dude thought he was gonna do with the knife? All the other freaks hold down the victim while torso guy, with the knife in his mouth, proceeds to...

What were they chanting?

Gooble, gobble...

We make you like us...

Gooble, gobble...

We accept you, one of us!

The possibilities...yikes!

Freaks is waaay out there.