Natasha Bedingfield

Ciao Bella

Can anyone help me with a query about Natasha Bedingfield's new song "Unwritten"? The chorus begins "Feel the rain on your skin.." I know I have heard this portion of the chorus, including the same melody, before, although I'm not sure if this song is a cover. If it is an original song, then it sounds identical and (i think) uses the same words as the one I am thinking of. I think it may have been by a girl band in the past 4-5 years. Thanks

?Unwritten? is an uplifting song, written for her younger brother's birthday, telling him "today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten". Its a great song with a gospel-style chorus featuring her sister and two friends and deserves to be another top 5 hit if released as a single.

I did a search, and here's what I found. Apparently, the young lady wrote it herself.

Welcome to Songfacts. Karaoke begins promptly a 6pm.

ooh i love karaoke - kitsch baybee! i think natasha and her brother daniel both have really great voices and they do produce catchy songs damn them! however i found it strange that her last single 'these words' contained the line 'i try to focus my attention but i feel so ADD' when her brother is a high profile sufferer of and spokesperson about ADD... i just thought it was a little weird, it's not the most politically correct lyric for a pop song!

there's this show on music tv here, pretty much like top of the pops and everyone who's anyone has been on it lately, all the tp twenty acts really. natasha was one of the only ones to sing live - all the rest (including marilyn manson and one of two other non-pop acts) have been miming. the other one to sing live was our very own bryan mcfadden - i'm loving him right now!

god i'm really upset about that - i thought they were a great couple. and two small babies... :( i did think they were a bit young for all the pressure of babies and careers and fame but i thought they were making it work. that's a terrible shame :(

p.s. edna, you're a young one yourself!

You know what's interesting about that? In high school, I took poetry, pottery, home ec, etc, and all the guys laughed at me. "You took all the chick classes, you fool!"

Then, about 3 weeks into the school year, those guys realized I was spending half my school day in classrooms with 25 women.

Who's the fool now? ;)