Robert Johnson/ Led Zeppelin

ImThatGuyToo

"Led Zeppelin has more in common with Johnson than just music. Jimmy Page was well known to be very interested in the occult. Supposedly the group members (Excluding John Paul Jones) also sold their souls to Satan in exchange for stardom. Like Johnson, they too had a meteoric rise to fame."

taken from www.deltahaze.com/johnson/legacy.html

Having been a Zepp fan for most of my music-loving life, I can say that this is the first time I have ever heard of them selling their souls to the devil. Has anyone else ever heard this before? And why everyone except JPJ?

I have not heard this before, but it does not surprise me that someone put it out there. Quite a bit of their music has the air of the occult about it.

I am guessing someone is using the "did not sell his soul" angle since JPJ has not been involved with Zeppelin since he left the band.

Speculation about Led Zeppelin and the occult were fueled even more after Jimmy Page bought Aleister Crowley's (scroll down to Crowley and Rock and Roll) Scotland estate, Boleskine House in 1971.

There was a painfull incident in the Zep´s life, the 5 year old son of Robert Plant died and he, somehow, was blaming Jimmy Page for his addiction to black magic...

Course not, its just silly rumors...

And why everyone except JPJ?

I once heard that while bad things happened to Plant (car accident, his son's death) and Bonham (his death) because of a 'curse' resulting from their dealings with Satan, nothing much happened to Jones, leading people to think he hadn't made any 'deal'. Page was supposedly very close with the devil and he avoided misfortune somewhat.

There are many stories that surround this topic. You can find much information on this on the internet. Check out the Robert Johnson biography page. It mentions that he, along with Zep, and The Stones have made this "deal" with the devil. Check out the move "Crossroads" from 1986 with Ralph Macchio. It is loosley based on Robert Johnson's story. And having an appreciation for music and being an avid musician myself, I would say it is a pretty fair trade.

• 1 month later...

I think it's somewhere in Jersey...

He could be right!!!!!!!!!!!!. I saw on a video once that some blues singer/guitarist guy sold his soul so he could be really good on guitar, and he was!!!!. But then in his last week alive he was barking and acting like a dog. SCARY STUFF MAN!!!!!!!.