I USED to like this film,but,please,don't rent it!

Kevin

We've all been in the video store with a friend who's about to grab a movie for the evening that we once respected, but now--just don't wan't to see again.

How about a list of films that, in your recollection were great, but upon reviewing, just don't do it for you anymore.

Starters: Any of the Sinbad films --love Harryhausen effects but the acting..!?

Hammmer's "the horror of Dracula" --used to think this was THE vampire flick but now it's just a drawn out chse scene.

"Easy Rider" --some wines just don't age well. Seems so pointless now.

"Star Wars" -- kind of wish the empire would get them and put us out of our misery.

"Jaws" -- this only works once !

"Kelly's Heros" -- hippies in WWII ?

"Star Wars" -- kind of wish the empire would get them and put us out of our misery.

Bite your tongue! I LOVE the original trilogy!

I don't think there's any movie that I really liked and wouldn't watch again. There are plenty of movies I would steer someone away from, but not because I've outgrown them, just because they sucked and I never liked them to begin with.

Sutherland was in classic anti-hero form. Totally upstaged Eastwood that time.

I'd probably say Kill Bill is the kind of movie I used to like, but now I wouldn't recommend to rent. Instead, I give people recommendations of aaaaaall the stuff Tarantino copied and pasted to make his movies :beatnik: (there isn't one idea in film this guy hasn't copied and put into his movies).

Well..ok, given a little break from it Kelly's Heroes would rock again. I listed it because we have a movie channel here that seems to be playing that movie far too many times and just when I'm tuning in, too. Can really turn me off on a movie quick. :stars: Say, not a bad idea for another thread..... :P

Ok, Stars Wars was a kind of bait to get a thread bite... but darn it, I still think it ! Glad to see that you still like it ,though. May the force be with you. ::

"Watch your mouth kid or we'll all be floating home !"

I'm not offended, they are overplayed movies, but I saw them when they first came out and for me they were so magical....had all the action figures, the light saber, the whole bit.

I wouldn't recommend anyone rent the two "prequels"...OK, good effects, but characters you care about? A villain who sticks around for more than one film? Actors who are awake? Won't find them there!

• 4 weeks later...

You can't possibly include Jaws as a film not to see again - its a classic! Not only does the music make me never want to swim in the ocean ever again (and if I am treading water I get seriously nervous) but he kills a child in the first half hour - which leads you to think that anything can happen - Yes its a bit plastic but it still has you on the edge of your seat