This is gonna be great!...What the !?

Kevin

I'd like to get a list of movies we've seen that we really expected or hoped were going be great , but, to us at least, they just sucked !

For starters: "Dancer in the Dark" -Bjork

"League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" -Sean Connery

"Titanic" - Dicaprio

"The Phantom Menace" - Yoda

"Star Trek (the motion picture) - William Shatner

:stars: :sleepy:

I thought One Hour Photo was gonna be good since I am fan of suspense-thrillers and slasher films. The premise was good, the actors were decent, but the execution was all wrong and it sputtered out of control midway. I think the first 30 minutes should have been kept and the rest should have gone back to the writers to make something better of it.

Dario Argento is most famous for Suspiria and I am about the only horror fan who doesn't fully appreciate it because of its stilted acting and plotline. Again, the premise was good, the sets were outta sight, the characters were decent, but the script was a mess. I have to accept it, though, since that's what a lot of Eurotrash cinema is all about. I still wouldn't recommend it to an incoming fan of the genre...

I guess thriller/horrors are always a higher risk in this category,aren't they. For me, the Exorcist II was definately a bummer. If it had even kept part of the elements that made the first one so great I think I could have put up with it. I mean just having Linda Blair running around freaking people out in that makeup ( which is still primo 30+ years on) would've made the movie ! ::

BTW, XXX, is your icon from some game ? If so, can I ask which ?

I made the mistake of renting 'Troy' last night. I do like a good epic and the cast looked promising, but what a load of wooden acted monosylabic guff it turned out to be. The good points were the efforts by Sean Bean and Peter O'Toole despite the limited dialogue. The cinematography was pretty good too, but why spend so much on a production and forget about the script?

It reminded me a bit of Pearl Harbour and Stalingrad.

Regards

The third Matrix was such a let down the way it ended.

I thought Romeo & Juliet would be good (the one with DiCrapio) until I started watching it. I was able to hang in there for about 7 minutes and then shut it off because I couldn't stand it anymore. I love Shakespeare, and I assumed no one would bother to screw up Shakespeare, but they did. :beady:

:laughing: Troy... I wondered if O'Toole's depair at seeing the Greeks run riot was for losing his beloved city or for agreeing to be in this mess of a movie ! :laughing: :laughing: It even ended up increasing my respect for the casting/acting in "Clash of theTitans" as far as ancient-themed movies go ! :doh:

:rockon: