Make your other lists! Movies and films:

XXX

What movies and films do you gals and guys plan to buy, rent, see at the cinema, etc.?

I finally buckled and bought Wings Of Desire. It's not gonna go down in price, so I might as well get it just in case it goes outta print. Just received John Cassavetes's A Woman Under The Influence from NetFlix... strange little film... Gena Rowlands was a cutie even if she plays a lunatic in this one ::

I´ll buy a dvd as soon as I can... I have hundreds of films to watch, among them is "Cyrano de Bergerac", with Gérard Depardieu. I also plan to get me "Short Cuts", by Robert Altman, and some classics like "The Graduate", "Midnite Cowboy", "Woodstock", "Gimme Shelter", etc. Do you know if "Let is Be" is available in dvd ?

I'm looking forward to seeing Kevin Spacey as Bobby Darin in "Beyond The Sea". I think it's due in theaters by Christmas. Spacey is one of my all-time favorite actors and I always thought that Darin was a very good entertainer and a good actor as well. He had some hit songs early on like Splish Splash, Queen Of The Hop,Dream Lover, Beyond The Sea, etc. Then he went on to more pop-flavored songs ala the saloon singers like Sinatra. He sold them well. Then he did "If I Was A Carpenter" and another phase began. Then, sadly he died very young (on the operating table) due to heart disease.

Anyway, it should be an intersting flick.

i've twisted it over for months, but dammit i'm going to buy the "Ed Wood Collection". Blame it on madness or a slight surplus at Xmas but I'm gonna do it. Posters, If you haven't seen Plan 9, or the other 'greats' by Ed Wood ( especially if you've been in a local play and can empyathize), check these out and enjoy! =:P :coolio:

I'm looking forward to seeing Kevin Spacey as Bobby Darin in "Beyond The Sea". I think it's due in theaters by Christmas. Spacey is one of my all-time favorite actors and I always thought that Darin was a very good entertainer and a good actor as well. He had some hit songs early on like Splish Splash, Queen Of The Hop,Dream Lover, Beyond The Sea, etc. Then he went on to more pop-flavored songs ala the saloon singers like Sinatra. He sold them well. Then he did "If I Was A Carpenter" and another phase began. Then, sadly he died very young (on the operating table) due to heart disease.

Anyway, it should be an intersting flick.

Oh Man! Uncle Joe

Kevin Spacey is dynamite and this is the perfect vehicle for his talents. I agree with everything you've said. I bet we could've offered a suggestion or two about which songs deserve to be on the soundtrack. ;)

I know it's not gonna be in time for christmas but I can't wait for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. For those who haven't heard about it, it's the new final fantasy movie based two years after the events in the FFVII game. How cool is that???

That and the new Farscape DVD. Will prolly take ages to get over here to the UK but I can but hope...

I´ll buy a dvd as soon as I can... I have hundreds of films to watch, among them is "Cyrano de Bergerac", with Gérard Depardieu. I also plan to get me "Short Cuts", by Robert Altman, and some classics like "The Graduate", "Midnite Cowboy", "Woodstock", "Gimme Shelter", etc. Do you know if "Let is Be" is available in dvd ?

Might I persuade you to watch the Jose Ferrer version of Cyrano De Bergerac instead? That one is saaad :puppyeyes:

I know it's not gonna be in time for christmas but I can't wait for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. For those who haven't heard about it, it's the new final fantasy movie based two years after the events in the FFVII game. How cool is that???

That and the new Farscape DVD. Will prolly take ages to get over here to the UK but I can but hope...

Final Fantasy :rockon:....but Farscape, dude, you just gotta let it go ::..... :laughing: