Songfacts ...RADIO?

Mike

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is stokin' me somethin' exquisite. Of course, I'd bags a slot at five in the morning - the time of the day when no music sounds quite the way it sounds at six in the evening, it's gotta be said.

I just gotta work on a sustainable working relationship with our friend the Song-ghoti, though.. I don't think he would put up with a personally-mixed a cappella hash of Good Vibrations every thirty minutes, beautiful though it is..

That said, I could totally jinx the network with loads of crappy music and signal the end of music as we know it..

This is sounding so cool already..!

*maniacal laughter* Until next time on Songfacts Radio, this is your pal, Matt, supercharged and ready to go go GO!

I wonder if we could partner with someone to create our own channel? Sara and I want no part of licensing fees, bandwidth costs or writing code for this, but I would love a radio station.

As for DJs, maybe we could give everyone their own shift, and any shifts not taken would be automated.

Is this possible? We need some research.

Songfacts Radio is a great idea with endless possibilities. Just think if we could make it so all we had to do would be turn our volume up and an assigned DJ would be crankin' out the tunes, Songfacts style!

Each DJ could have a Songfacts question or comment for each song. A thread could be running simultaneously for member feedback and answers.

Might be tricky getting it all to work but it'd be hot.

Maybe Pepperidge Farms Goldfish snack crackers as a possible sponsor?

:P

...gasping for breath, holding my heart, shaking in terror...

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, someone call 911...I've fallen and I can't get up! :stars:

Hahah. I damn nearly had a stroke meself and had to come back later to answer after the smelling salts took effect :stars:

I wonder if we could partner with someone to create our own channel? Sara and I want no part of licensing fees, bandwidth costs or writing code for this, but I would love a radio station.

As for DJs, maybe we could give everyone their own shift, and any shifts not taken would be automated.

Is this possible? We need some research.

That's just it. What I was thinking when I originally thunk this up was... how to relate real time music and info. - without incorporating it? Partnership would be the only way. A sister site, if you will, with the interest in teaming up with Songfacts.com and using audio steam that could be accessed from Songfacts home page.

Question is... is there anybody out there?

Windows Media Player is better. And Id say more people have that.

If it's that simple?... what about Real Audio, It will play different kinds of media too... I use to play a mix of files on a disk like .wma's and .mp3's as well as .wav's It's free and it's not made by Microsoft! :thumbsup:

Windows Media Player is better. And Id say more people have that.

And Id smash your head into the sidewalk repeatedly. No one in their right mind would use that sound distorting, virus ranglin' P.O.S.

The Powers That Be, and I have been talking, and I have suggested Ventrilo. If they decide to follow up with it, I'll post more informatiom.