Same name - different song

Mike

I got this idea this weekend when I was discussing music with my daughter. We were discussing Linkin Park's song "In the End" and I was about to play a song by Rush that was also called "In the End" and she said -"that's weird, is that a cover"? I said "no... there are lots of songs like that; same name, but completely different song".

I know of many, many more, like "Turn the page - Rush" and "Turn the page - Bob Seger". Rather than list a lot of them I thought I'd start a thread for everyone to participate. I like these kind of threads, (Like Songfacts count-up) they are fun and informative, if someone, like a DJ, say, stops by this site's message-board, they can find all kinds of interesting information for a show!

Let's go... Same name - different song-

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The End- The Beatles

The End- The Doors

not only are they completely different, the doors one is about 10 minutes longer.

There's another one I was going to post, but I thought he used it in the example. It looks like I was wrong though, that song was called In The End. I didn't know the Animals had a song called Take It Easy.

Heartbreaker- Rolling Stones

Heartbreaker- Led Zeppelin

The Stone's song is actually named Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

I know that because years ago when the radio station played "The Rolling Stones A to Z", I wanted to record the song, but Doo Doo... took me by surprise (D instead of H). I didn't have the tape set up, and I missed out.

"Power Of Love" - Huey Lewis, Celine Dion

"Dream Lover" - Mariah Carey, Bobby Darin

"Stairway To Heaven" - Neil Sedaka, some other band I can't remember. It'll come to me.

This brings me to a great trivia question:

What 2 completely different songs with the same title were both #1 hits in the US?