She's Waiting

I'm sure there are more!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dio - the almighty Tenacious D :rockon:

Dio has rocked for a long, long time,

Now it's time for him to pass the torch.

He has songs of wildebeests and angels,

He has soared on the wings of a demon.

It's time to pass the torch,

You're too old to rock, no more rockin' for you.

We're takin' you to a home,

But we will sing a song about you.

And we will make sure that you're very well taken care of.

You'll tell us secrets that you've learned. Raow!

Your sauce will mix with ours,

And we'll make a good goulash baby.

Dio, time to go!

You must give your cape and scepter to me.

And a smaller one for KG.

Go! Go! Dio! Dio!

I didn´t know that... "Her majesty" about Jane Asher? Oh, pls, if you have more info about it, post it! Thank you, EdL!

Edna, I've searched through all my Beatles related books and I can't find the reference - I'll keep looking and let you know. I can assure you that I didn't make it up. I remember that at the time I read about Jane Asher being the one referred to I thought, "Doesn't that make sense", rather than it being a "cheeky" reference to The Queen as some authors think.

Edna, I've searched through all my Beatles related books and I can't find the reference - I'll keep looking and let you know. I can assure you that I didn't make it up. I remember that at the time I read about Jane Asher being the one referred to I thought, "Doesn't that make sense", rather than it being a "cheeky" reference to The Queen as some authors think.

Oh, sure you must have read it somewhere... happens to me very often, then I forget where and "sounds like"...I looked through the web and I could find many sites about ex-wifes of the Beatles. Jane Asher has a TV show, it seems, and she makes cookies and sells them. Only condition to talk to her is not to mention paul McCartney...

I forgot to add my favourite:

The Boxer by Simon & Garfunkel is all about Bob Dylan (who would have thought it?) ::

Also about Bob Dylan are:

Diamonds & Rust - Joan Baez

Song for Bob Dylan - David Bowie (a bit obvious that one!) :D

To Bobby - Joan Baez again

• 1 month later...

VERONICA/ Elvis Costello Co-written by Elvis Costello and Paul McCartney about Costello's Grandmother !

ROSANNA/ Toto written by Steve Lukather (their guitarist) about his then girlfriend Rosanna Arquette

SHE SAID/ Beatles about Peter Fonda.

HI ! The others have been mentioned, but WHO are "Stairway To Heaven" and "Ohio" about ???

Eric Clapton - Tears in heaven - erics dead son

Led Zeppelin - stairway to heaven - roberets dead girl friend

Don McLain - American pie - buddy holly, ritchie valens, the big bopper

Bob Dylan - The hurrcain - Ruben Carter

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Ohio - in ohio state univerity there was a peacfull protest and nixon sent in the national guard and they killed 4 students and wounded 100's of others

Thanks for Emailing me those Zeppelin. :)

the scene was kent state, it is one of the most infamous examples of police brutality (in the opinion of most) in recent american history.

To add a couple of my own:

Gordon Lightfoot- The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald (a ship that sank in the icy winter waters of the great lakes some years ago, not 100% clear of the exact details)

Rammstein- Mein Teil (written about Armin Meiwes, also known as "Der Metzgermeister" (the master butcher). Found a willing victim to be slaughtered and eaten by Meiwes in 2001.)

I understand that my selections may be diverse and possibly even disturbing ot some, but without people like Herr Meiwes on this planet, we would be bored s%@#less with the same news day in and day out. I personally believe that a person should be able to do what they want as long as any others affected agree to the risks and consequences of their actions.

shine on you crazy diamond - Pink Floyd to syd barrett

cardiff afterlife - Manic St Preachers for richey edwards

here today - Paul McCartney for john lennon

Something (live) - Paul McCartney on ukelele for George Harrison

Corpses (bit nasty but...) to John Squire from Ian Brown

Lost For Words (again a bit nasty) i reckon thats to Roger Waters - (track 10 on the division bell) - do floyd fans agree?

Mother - John Lennon - to his mother believe it or not.

when Elton John wouldnt stop playing Candle In the Wind! AHHHH Princess Di....remember???

For some reason (probably our ties to the British Monarchy)

Australian radio stations DIDN'T play it. They played the other track on the CD "Something About The Way You Look Tonight". OR maybe it was to increase sales of the CD? :)

"Wild Horses" --written by Mick Jagger for Marianne Faithful while she was recovering from a heroin overdose. He dumped her soon after...

"Before They Make Me Run " -- a little 'thumbing his nose' at the Toronto cops who had busted him for heroin possession and was facing some long jail time if fully sentenced (20 years !).