Reggae

Danielj

I'm quite penchant to a bit of reggae myself =:P Bob is great, Ziggy Marley, Eek-a-mouse, Gregory Isaaks, Big Mountain, Lucky Dube (South African reggae star) as well as more 'commercial' reggae-ish acts such as UB40. I'm not an expert on this genre, but its mellow, melodic sounds and beats are really cool.One of my favourite spots to chill out in Joburg is a great reggae bar called Cool Runnings.

CoolRunningsMelvillePic1.JPGCoolRunningsMelvilleLogo.jpg

Ben Harper is good - he's inspired by both raggae and blues, among other genres. He's very talented, you should check out the song clips on his web page.

Also, 311 is very raggae influenced.

Two raggae inspired songs that come to mind at the moment is the Grateful Dead's "Estimated Prophet" and the Beatles' "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da." I think that one was named after a raggae band, too.

As someone mentioned earlier, The Police incorporated reggae rhythms into several of their songs. Probably want to check out their second album "Regatta De Blanc". It has the most reggae-influenced songs on it (Walking on the Moon, etc.) I think the album title translates to White Reggae (someone might need to check me on that though).

As someone mentioned earlier, The Police incorporated reggae rhythms into several of their songs. Probably want to check out their second album "Regatta De Blanc". It has the most reggae-influenced songs on it (Walking on the Moon, etc.) I think the album title translates to White Reggae (someone might need to check me on that though).

I never thought about it but now I guess you might be right, Eggplant! Reggata de Blanc must mean "White Reggae", si señor... I´ll try to check it somehow...