Musical Families

Addictedtoclassic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'm listening to a song I haven't heard in nearly thirty years...."The No-No Song" by Ringo Starr. I love this song; I had it on 45 when I was 8 years old. And I believe Ringo has a kid that also plays the drums...can't remember his name though (Ringo, Jr, maybe...or is it DanielJ...I'm not sure) :laughing:. Anyway, here's another...

MUSICAL INTERLUDE:

"A lady that I know just came from Colombia

She smiled because I did not understand

Then she held out some marijuana uh-huh

She said it was the best in all the land.

And I said, 'No no no no, I don't smoke it no more

I'm tired of wakin' up on the floor

No thank you please, it only makes me sneeze

and then it makes it hard to find the door'.

A woman that I know just came from Majorca, Spain

She smiled because I did not understand

Then she held out a ten-pound bag of cocaine

She said it was the best in all the land.

And I said, 'No no no no, I don't (sniff) no more

I'm tired of wakin' up on the floor

No thank you please, it only makes me sneeze

and then it makes it hard to find the door.'"

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon:

Multiple Grammy winner and Blues champion Bonnie Raitt is the daughter of the Broadway Musical star John Raitt (now 87 years old). Bonnie's brother David Raitt has played with various groups in Northern California (I remember the "Third Raitt Band"). Another brother, Steve Raitt, did vocals on some of Bonnie's albums and with smooth jazz artist Paul "St. Paul" Peterson* (and maybe some engineering and production? Can't find much information).

*Interestingly, Paul Peterson himself is part of "Minnesota's First Family of Music" including his mother Jeanne Arland Peterson and siblings Ricky Peterson , Billy Peterson , Linda Peterson , and Patty Peterson.

Bazooka, you should post more often... you know a lot!

Thank you edna.

But I only really know a lot about the things I know a lot about. I've got a good memory for trivia and I like to do research. What's in my head is stuff I've taken an interest in, and doesn't include much after the late 70s.

Thank you edna. I stand corrected (and in the corner).

Has anyone mentioned The Staple Singers? Mavis kicked ass with her Dad, sistahs and bruthas before going solo.

No, UncleJ, you don´t have to stand in the corner, your answer was right! You said Zach...! If you had said, I dunno, Billy, for instance, or Beluga... You are right... :coolio:

Thank you edna.

But I only really know a lot about the things I know a lot about. I've got a good memory for trivia and I like to do research. What's in my head is stuff I've taken an interest in, and doesn't include much after the late 70s.

OK, but you know a lot yet. And you´re discreet... ! I don´t know much of anything after the 90s neither, believe me... I did like a lot that funny page you posted about the unreleased beatles record!!! :drummer: :drummer: :thumbsup:

Willie Nelson's sister, Bobbie, has played piano with his band from the very beginning. His daughter, Paula, is a singer/songwriter and performs a duet with him on his latest album, It Always Will Be. And his teenaged sons, Lukas and Micah have a band and are currently touring playing backup for Willie & Family. Micah does percussion, Lukas plays guitar and is also a songwriter with a song featured on Willie's latest release.

*Interestingly, Paul Peterson himself is part of "Minnesota's First Family of Music" including his mother Jeanne Arland Peterson and siblings Ricky Peterson , Billy Peterson , Linda Peterson , and Patty Peterson.

Being that I've lived in Minnesota for 25 years, you'd think I would understand what he's talking about. And yet, I don't have a clue who these people are. :doh:

Being that I've lived in Minnesota for 25 years, you'd think I would understand what he's talking about. And yet, I don't have a clue who these people are.

Maybe they are just "Minnesota's First Family of Rampant Self-Promotion and Name-Dropping". This was a side road I travelled down when looking up the Raitts. Most of the Petersons do have some impressive creditials, though (work with David Sanborn, Steve Miller and other biggies from Prince to Donny Osmond).

Bazooka, I have to compliment you on the fact that you officially have a VERY cool avatar buddy.

Thank you, Danielj.

I've told this story in another thread:

When I got the Axis: Bold As Love CD, I was

disappointed because the cover looked like this

axis_bogus.jpg

But I found if you fold the cover piece around inside-out,

you get the genuine original album cover art

(one of my all-time favorites).

bolder.jpg

My CD has mysteriously disappeared, but

I really want to find out who the artist is.