Favorite New Songs

Danielj

Since these boards members are mainly all about the oldies, why don't we branch out a bit. Name your favorite new songs. When I say new how about nothing before the year 2000.

For me my favorite songs would be:

Mr. Brightside-The Killers

Show Me How To Live-Audioslave

Slither-Velvet Revolver

Californication-RHCP (did that come out in the 90's? if so, change that to By The Way)

The Masses Against The Classes-Manic Street Preachers

Just The Way I'm Feeling-Feeder

I'm in love with this song by Secret Machines, it's called "Nowhere Again" I think, I'm not exactly sure about the name. It's the only song I've heard by them, and I'm not even sure if they're a new band or not.

I also really like the song "Slow Hands" by Interpol. It's pretty cool.

If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keys

I Don't Wanna Be - Gavin DeGraw

Dare You to Move and Meant to Live - Switchfoot

Away From the Sun - 3 Doors Down

Over and Over - Nelly

Somebody Told Me - The Killers

Float On - Modest Mouse

Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand

I think Jet has a couple cool tunes ("Are You Gonna Be My Girl" and "Cold Hard B*tch")

The Offspring - "Gone Away" (not sure what year, though)

I absolutely love Lenny Kravitz's latest - "Where Are We Runnin'"...totally awesome tune.

I heard a couple by Franz Ferdinand that are cool ("This Fire" and another one that I can't remember the name).

"American Idiot" by Green Day.

A few tunes by Three Doors Down ("Kryptonite" and "Here Without You").

And Sheryl Crow's remake of "The First Cut is the Deepest".

And the greatest since 2000...."All My Life" - Foo Fighters. They just flat out f***in' rock!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I agree to most of these you have posted but i must add the new song on the chilis live at hyde park cd-Leverage of Space just rules! it sounds kinda like it should be on the Californication album which can only be a good thing! get the live album! DO IT! :rockon: :happybanana:

sic transit gloria (glory fades) - Brand New

Orpheus - Ash

Gay bar - Electric 6

Drain the blood - The Distillers

Hello - Evanescance

7 nation army - the White Stripes

Anything by Incubus

Bliss /hysteria - Muse

Funeral of hearts - HIM

In the shadows - The Rasmus

Fortune faded - RHCP

Like a stone - Audioslave

Anything by Deftones

Anything by Snow Patrol

Anything by David Gray

Radio gun / Neon Tom - GwenMars

The reason - Hoobastank

Scared of you - Nelly Furtado

This list is too hard for me to complete - there is so much post 2000 music that I enjoy! :stars:

woo hoo chilis RULE! so do the white stripes, has anyone heard their cover of (what my mum tells me is a dolly parton song) Jolene? it's.........interesting! he can't quite hit the high notes but hey, it's jack white! really, nowadays, the only "new" music worth listening to is the chilis, green day or any other alternative stuff, all new pop is manufactured rubbish or dancy "provocative"(i.e disgusting) songs that get stuck in your head until you smash your head off a wall. ARGH sorry had to get that off my chest. :rockon:

I think "Hey Ya" is the best song of the millenium so far. Some others I like:

"Seven Nation Army" - White Stripes

"Clocks" - Coldplay

"Crazy In Love" - Beyonce

I was also thinking Californication - how is it possible that that album came out in 1999?

i agree with all of carl's choices. hey ya is the most fun song ever! i also love franz ferdinand, electric six and above all scissor sisters - they rock!! some black eyed peas stuff is good, fun to dance to and they were surprisingly good in concert! that alicia keys song is gorgeous. i quite like that new ciara girl too even if she is a beyonce wannabe. and i love the way the guy in the terror squad made a song purely to popularise the only dance move he's capable of... 'lean back, lean back, lean back, lean back...' ooh i'm mean