Songs with a mix of English and another Language

OLD 55

• 3 weeks later...

I may be poking a little fun at CCR, but I feel that they are one of the most underappreciated band. THey were pretty popular, but it doens't seem like they get recognized on many "lists".

I couldn't agree more ! Most of their songs are Classics. The Best Band to never have a US #1 (5 got to #2). :angel:

New Seekers? New Seekers? NEW SEEKERS??

Surely you mean Melanie??

Yes Neil. I don't know if Melanie released "Look What They've Done To My Song Ma" as a single??? She wrote 2 other songs that were also covered by the Anglo/Australian group, "Beautiful People" and "The Nickel Song". They're probably best known for "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing" which was adapted from a Coke commercial. Also they did a great medley version of the Who's " Pinball Wizard/ See Me, Feel Me" from TOMMY. :angel:

• 4 weeks later...

What's this about "Iko Iko" being Afrikaans? We need some Songfacts on this one. Anyone have info?

Happy New Year Carl. No, I was wrong with this - there's no Afrikaans at all. A bit of Cajun from the deep South in the girl group versions, but it IS based on an old African lament about slavery in the African cocoa trade. Of course it's now best known as a children's song.