War Films

Mike

hey, when i was a child i remember seein this movis about world ware ii that realy upset me but the only scene i vividly rememebr is one where they strip all the jewsih people and separate th men from the woman, i just remember seeing all these husbands and wives clinging to eachother naked in absolutey desperation, it was a very striking (ad upsetting scene). can ayone tell me what film it came from??!

The Bridge on the River Kwai!!!

It's considered by many one of the greatest films of all time.

Apocolypse Now! has one of the best sountracks of any war movie with:

The End - Doors

Satisfaction - Rolling Stones

Suzy Q - (a cover version)

Wagner blasting from the helicpters...

I like Kelley's Heroes too and I use to love that song from it: "Burning Bridges" by The Mike Curb Congregation, I think.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm at a disadvantage. I read so much about it, I'm always picking the movies apart in their accuracy. I wish I could just sit back and enjoy the damn movie.

"The Longest Day", for instance...They depict the Luftwaffe strafing the beaches. It's a know fact that there were no Luftwaffe on the shores of Normandy. They were almost completely wiped out by that point.

Actually, the 2 LW planes strafing the beaches is very accurate. Obstlt. Josef "Pips" Priller and his wingman from JG26 were the only 2 pilots to attack the allies on D-Day. Priller commentated it over the Radio sarcasticly: "This is the greatest day of the Luftwaffe"

• 1 month later...

I Can't Beilve No One Named The THE PIANIST World War II Movie And Also All U.S.A Movie's of World War II Are Not Right The Germans Always Die 1 Shot Easly Die And The U.S.A Always Get's Hit In The Upper Torse And They Still On Floor Saying Medic....and if a german gets Hit...His Dead...Not Fun Watching MOVIE of WWII if you know...Germans Well be Shot 24/7 And Allies Never Die.... :sleepy: