Queen Songs We are the Champions/We will rock you

Alilrock

In the old days, DJs were real people who played the songs by cuing up the albums just like everyone else. Being human, they often liked to hear songs that flowed seamlessly on the record played together, and that's how listeners came to expect it. That's what happened with these Queen songs, but they are definitely 2 separate songs.

Other songs that got grouped together:

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band/A Little Help From My Friends (The Beatles)

Eruption/You Really Got Me (Van Halen)

Heartbreaker/Livin' Lovin' Maid (Led Zeppelin)

Another good one is the Beatles - Beacause-You never give me your money-Sun King-Mean Mr. Mustard-Polythene Pam-She Came in Through the Bathroom Window-Golden Slumbers-Carry That Weight-The End-Her Majesty...are usually played together, and that's about 20 minutes long.

p.s. you could always tell a rookie DJ he would play a request of one of these affore-mentioned on its own.

In the old days, DJs were real people who played the songs by cuing up the albums just like everyone else. Being human, they often liked to hear songs that flowed seamlessly on the record played together, and that's how listeners came to expect it. That's what happened with these Queen songs, but they are definitely 2 separate songs.

Other songs that got grouped together:

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band/A Little Help From My Friends (The Beatles)

Eruption/You Really Got Me (Van Halen)

Heartbreaker/Livin' Lovin' Maid (Led Zeppelin)

Some more:

Fat Bottomed Girls/Bicycle Race--Queen

Dragon Attack/Another One Bites the Dust--Queen

Space Intro/Fly Like an Eagle--Steve Miller

Threshold/Jet Airliner--Steve Miller

Waitin' for the Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago--ZZ Top

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise/A Day in the Life--The Beatles

The Grateful Dead would do this live all the time. They would ALWAYS play certain songs grouped together, such as:

Scarlet Begonias/Fire On The Mountain, (Scarlet Fire)

China Cat Sunflower/I Know You Rider (China Rider)

Me and My Uncle/Mexicalli Blues (Uncle Mex)

Throwin' Stones/Not Fade Away

...to name some and then they usually would play certain songs only for the encore:

Brokedown Palace, Baby Blue, Lovelight, Johnny B Goode, Day Job, etc.

It was so fun to watch all the heads flip out when they would play them in any other order.....as though they couldn't really do what the heck they wanted to do!!! hahahaha :laughing: