Alfie

Jillianne

I saw this today in the cinema..I don't quite know what to think of it..It was about this womaniser (sp?) Alfie (Jude Law)

It was funny at times, sad at times, steamy at times :o

But it was one of those films that at the end, I was like "Is that it?"

It was good though, if you like lesbian love scenes, love scenes and more love scenes..And Jude Law of course (phwoar!) :P

Anyone else see it? I'm not too sure if its in American cinemas.. :happybanana:

It's here Jillian but I refuse to see it. I hate when they remake true classics. The original, which launched Michael Caine's career was absolutely perfect. I recommend that you see it.

"What's it all about, Alfieeeeee?" Dionne Warwick

Here's a brief synopsis from Netflix....

English playboy Alfie (Michael Caine) is a charming Don Juan in the free-spirited 1960s with an insatiable appetite for women. He lives for sex and steers clear of emotional attachments, taking up with one "bird" after another. But his carefree days are over when he impregnates multiple women ? and discovers one of them is married. This Golden Globe-winning comedy boasts a cool jazz score that's as smooth as the title character.

Starring: Michael Caine, Shelley Winters, More

Director: Lewis Gilbert

Genre: Drama

Format: Widescreen, More

Language: English, More

Subtitles: English

Awards: Academy Award Nominee, More

Awards:

1967 Academy Award: Best Writing Adapted Screenplay nominee

1967 Academy Award: Best Actor nominee: Michael Caine

1967 Academy Award: Best Picture nominee

1967 Academy Award: Best Supporting Actress nominee: Vivien Merchant

1967 Academy Award: Best Music Song nominee

He lives for sex and steers clear of emotional attachments, taking up with one "bird" after another. But his carefree days are over when he impregnates multiple women ? and discovers one of them is married.

Is the remake set in the 60s, as well? The commercials don't look very 60ish, but there is no way they would allow him to impregnate multiple women in the present time. That is too irresponsible.

I'll see it when it comes on HBO. ::

He lives for sex and steers clear of emotional attachments, taking up with one "bird" after another. But his carefree days are over when he impregnates multiple women ? and discovers one of them is married.

Sounds like Detroit to me. Except the movie would end with a shootout at the fireworks.