Wedding songs

Lyla

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

hmmm... I used to be a mobile DJ (shocking, I know) and played weddings mostly. But that was 20-25 years ago... I imagine a lot of the same standards are in place...

are you talking about wedding songs that are about love that can be dedicated to the bride/groom? Or songs that are good for dancing to at weddings where the whole crowd can have fun?

The First Dance song at a wedding should be a song that's special to the bride and groom. No one can tell them what song they love, they pretty much have to pick it themselves.

As far as the rest... since it's the older people who usually leave first, play the stuff they would like, which the younger ones can get into, also. Stuff such as "New York, New York" ~ Frank Sinatra, "Twist And Shout" ~ Beatles, and maybe some "Hokey Pokey" thrown in for the novelty affect (people love to be dorks and do this stuff at weddings). "Lady In Red" ~ Chris Deburgh, is (was) always a slow-dance favorite, and "Wonderful Tonight" ~ Eric Clapton.

Then work in "Old Time Rock and Roll," ~ Bob Seger, "Do You Love Me" ~ Contours, "What I Like About You" ~ Romantics...

But then I'm of the older variety of DJ... some things go out of style...

Ok. these are NOT songs that I nessessarily like, but ones that I get many requests for when I DJ weddings.

Celebration

Oh What A Night(Dec. 63)

Some Kind Of Wonderful

Paradise By The Dashboard Light

Dancing Queen

I Will Survive

Cha Cha Slide

Hot In Here- Nelly

Yeah- Usher

Brick House

Play That Funky Music.

There are more, of course, but those will get the party started.

Most memorable music from my own wedding do...

Madness "One Step Beyond" : I led a trail of who-knows-how-many nutty dancers snaking round the hall. Great laff!

Mrs Fitter and I had specifically requested "Right Now" by The Creatures for our first dance, but the prat of a DJ went his own way and played "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina & The Waves instead, to a less-than-ecstatic response...

Mrs Fitter and I had specifically requested "Right Now" by The Creatures for our first dance, but the prat of a DJ went his own way and played "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina & The Waves instead, to a less-than-ecstatic response...

b-f, I would have cancelled the check. That BITES.

We had an impromtu wedding in a small Northumberland registry office, followed by a dash to the ferryport for a boat to Amsterdam for a two day honeymoon amidst the bicycles, canals and coffee shops... our wedding song therefore was the first played by the boat DJ on the way across - S Club 7 'Don't Stop Moovin'

How close are the couple ? " Careless Whisper "- Wham , is a great slow waltz ...

Very close. In answer to that! Thanks, that'll be a good one...

They can both ballroom dance so it would be great to have some to Dance to in that way too. Though theres nothing wrong with drunks flinging there limbs around to other beats I suppose..:crazy: ah boy...