Anyone collect compilation LPs??

K-tel Chick

Hey all-- just wondering if anyone collects compilations (various artist) albums or CDs? Is there still an interest in these items? I know the WOW series has picked up where the likes of K-tel and Ronco dropped off (and apparently doing quite well). Do you have any favorite various artist compilations of your youth...or now?

Hi K-tel! I don't collect any of the compilations, but I remember really loving the whole K-tel thing when I was younger. I believe I had quite a few disco ones in the 70s. I do think the WOW things are a rip off, but I guess they serve their purpose. When I first started making mixed CDs, I always called them my K-tel collection! ::

hi, K-tel! I'm the queen of compilation cds. It's a good and economical way to collect favorite songs without having to buy an entire cd of songs that otherwise you might not want.I love the various "love songs" series. But what I own range from oldies to 80's to soul and rock favorites. LOL. I live by it.

Hello, K-tel! I have many compilations, and I think they´re a good idea... in my case it´s mostly promotional albums (CBS greatest hits and stuff like this, from the 60s, 70s, 80s and some 90s...) In fact, CBS is a bad example as it doesn´t exist anymore... but I like compilations... now I burn my own compilation-cds with my favorite music, just as I used to do with the tapes for the walkman! :jack:

Edna,

Taping was a whole nother world compared to today's throw the blank in 'n burn it. I used to have a top of the line dual cassette deck, buy the best blank tape, level off the needles from red to just in the green, trying to get the cleanest sound I could. It was fun.

:headphones:

• 1 month later...

Are those 45s? I remember those - you needed a special adapter for the hole.

Compilations are alive and well. The "That's What I Call Music!" series (How do you get an explanation point in your name? If we called ourselves Songfacts! would that make it so? Could I go to the town hall and change my name to Carl!? When you say it, do you have to be excited?) is wildly successful. It's a great option for people who like the hit songs without hearing the rest of the albums.