Bands that never made a bad album

Batman

The Carpenters

Hey, good, I thought I was the only fan of the Carpenters, Rico!!!! I hated so much glucose when I was a fan of Jimi hendrix... but now I re-discovered them and I even bought me their Gold Compilation. "Solitaire" is amazing... and their cover of "Please, Mr. Postman" has great arrangements.

Yeah, once they cut a Disco album I could forget about ever listening to the Stones and Rod Stewart and all those buffoons who sold out their artistic integrity to make a quick buck on a trend better done by others like Moroder, Nile Rodgers, and Cerrone, not to mention all the Italo-Disco artists.

I thought the same when I heard the "falsetto" in "Miss You" (Some Girls album, Stones)... I still did like that album yet, and then I also liked the 1980 album (what´s its name!!!????) it had "She´s so cold", "All about you", and other very good stuff... "Emotional Rescue", that´s the album... but I never loved the Stones again like before...

I thought the same when I heard the "falsetto" in "Miss You" (Some Girls album, Stones)... I still did like that album yet, and then I also liked the 1980 album (what´s its name!!!????) it had "She´s so cold", "All about you", and other very good stuff... "Emotional Rescue", that´s the album... but I never loved the Stones again like before...

I think their Disco album was also their biggest seller (not surprising :P ). See, it would have been different had they been at the forefront of the style, but they weren't. They just cut an album in the style just to follow a trend. That's when you know a band has jumped the shark. I do like some of Jagger's solo stuff, which is more mellow (esp. the album from the 90s that had the song "Don't Tear Me Up"). Could you imagine if Pink Floyd had made a Disco album or Led Zep, Steely Dan, or even - gasp! - John Lennon, George Harrison, and Paul McCartney?!? (I could see that coming from Ringo, though :P ). Omg! I'd be laughing 'til I stopped breathing :jester: This was the case of seeing Rod Stewart and The Stones go from artists at the forefront to hacks out to make a quick buck.