Best Concert Bands

Addictedtoclassic

I think there is already a thread about this... or was? Anyway, Violent Femmes are very good. Lou Reed never deceives. Ultravox... I was in one of their shows and it was incredible...

Miami, I´d love to see the Smitherens since twenty years now!

Man, I WISH I could have gone to an Ultravox concert either with John Foxx or Midge Ure :bow:

I'd love to see The Smiths since... for-ever! :headphones:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Ultravox with Midge Ure... I met him for an interview some years later and I told him how good that Paris concert was. He´s a very nice person, he was touched... we spent hours talking about music. I also met John Foxx in 83 or 84... I was a member of a TV show, he came to do a live show for a couple of hours... he´s very handsome, OK, but I prefer Midge Ure. The concert wasn´t bad, yet.

Oh, and talking bout concerts, one surrealistic thing happened to me once... Lou Reed gave a concert in Madrid, I went there with...guess who? Warren Beatty and Diane Keaton! They were shooting a film in Madrid and my brother was the assistant director... there was also Beatty´s cousin and his teenager son... and there was a riot, someone threw something at the stage, hit Lou Reed, he got angry and left for good... he was playing "Coney Island Baby"... there was a real riot, people running, police after, well, all that stuff. We even lost Warren Beatty´s nephew in the crowd!!!! It´s absolutely true...

I saw Ultravox with Midge Ure... I met him for an interview some years later and I told him how good that Paris concert was. He´s a very nice person, he was touched... we spent hours talking about music. I also met John Foxx in 83 or 84... I was a member of a TV show, he came to do a live show for a couple of hours... he´s very handsome, OK, but I prefer Midge Ure. The concert wasn´t bad, yet.

Bwaaa =:P I'm 24 years too late! 1980 was the year to be seen and heard :drummer: :happybanana:

The best performance I've ever seen live was Roger Waters in Tokyo...though the Stones (Voodoo Lounge) would come a close second ! I don't know what it is --perhaps the pressure to play hits, or being out of one's country, but bands seem to give More out -of -country than they do elsewhere. Jaded as we must feel they are, maybe there's something to it ! Hell, We all go wild abroad, right ? :: :coolio: :bow:

It was just himself with his most recent bunch. About 80% of the show were P.F songs and the remainder being his solo works. Had a big screen behind him doing Pink Floyd-ish and other artistic stuff. Small venue, great accoustics--you're right ,not all the boys were there, but still nice to spend an evening with the great man (and be able to really see him rather than looking at a jumbo-ton or something !) :guitar: :coolio:

The best gig I've ever been to where Nightwish at the Astoria in London. It was on their first trip to the UK and they were so nervous but totally unprepared for the awesome response they got from the crowd. They rocked in a way I've never seen.

Other than that, the best one has to be the Foo Fighters at Brixton... Brian May and Roger Taylor from Queen came on and played We Will Rock You with the Foo's. It was so amazing I couldn't believe it.

The best gig I've ever been to where Nightwish at the Astoria in London. It was on their first trip to the UK and they were so nervous but totally unprepared for the awesome response they got from the crowd. They rocked in a way I've never seen.

Other than that, the best one has to be the Foo Fighters at Brixton... Brian May and Roger Taylor from Queen came on and played We Will Rock You with the Foo's. It was so amazing I couldn't believe it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric Burdon plays tonight or tomorrow night... I don´t know if I´ll go... I like the Animals very much and I saw Burdon live many times... This time seems the Animals are there too... I wonder if Chas Chandler or Alan Price will be there... I would bet a big NO... If the three Animals were there, I would surely go. I never saw the complete Animals... Burdon live can very very good... and also deceiving...

You know whats the best concert to go to? Its Green Day. Green Day is going to be in Vancouver in about 2 days, even though i'm the biggest fan ever, i can't go. The reason is really sad. My xbf has my concert ticket, so i went up to him in the hall after school demending my ticket, he asked for my money first, i had 85% of the cost, yet he still found a way to blow me off. That mother [bleep] who dumped me after a year of wonderful dating. Besides that, his answere for not giving me the ticket i've been waiting for is this : "oh, slight change of plans, I"m going with my new gf." The anger built up inside of me, thus all my friends are going and this is by far the best concert, i was about to smash his skull open wtih my fist. Instead, i replied : "well mike, its you're choice, i mean i didn't buy the tickets, make up your mind tomorow." and i fled the scene. When i came home i almost punched a hole a in my wall from all the anger bottled up inside of me. Anyways, who ever is going to the green day concert,enjoy it because i won't be able. I won't be able to waste another minute with that motherfucking bitch who i confessed my love to a month ago. Its funny how you think you know this person so well but it turns out that you don't know him at all. Ladies out there, be careful with your boy, some can be really nasty. adiue.