Good Soundtrack, Bad Movie

Jenny

One of my favorite songs is "Iris" by the GooGoo Dolls, which was featured in the movie "City of Angels". I found the movie boring and predictable (besides the fact that I think Nick Cage looks like Droopy Dog)and the song's popularity definitely outlasted the movie.

What movie that you didn't care for have a great soundtrack or theme/featured song?

One of my favorite songs is "Iris" by the GooGoo Dolls, which was featured in the movie "City of Angels". I found the movie boring and predictable (besides the fact that I think Nick Cage looks like Droopy Dog)and the song's popularity definitely outlasted the movie.

Jenny, you are so right about that song. I must confess that I am a huge Goo Goo Dolls fan. That movie was a steaming pile of excrement. John Rzeznik conveyed all that emotion in a 3 minute song what that 2 hour movie couldn't.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"13 Going On 30" (I recently had the questionable pleasure of seeing it), has a pretty good 70's/80's soundtrack (and Billy Joel's "Vienna" is played in full around the middle of the movie).

Stephen King's movies (even the low budget ones which are FAR below his books) usually have good soundtracks, e.g. "The Stand".

Stephen King's movies (even the low budget ones which are FAR below his books) usually have good soundtracks, e.g. "The Stand".

Endymion, you hit that right on the head. I love King, but he needs to stay out of the movie business. He does like good old rock & roll, and that is refreshing to hear in his movies. And of course anyone who can inspire the Ramones to write a song for his movie is a genius!

"I don't wanna be buried

in a pet sematary

I don't want to live my life again..."

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: