Ashlee Simpson = OWNED!!!11one

TheCyberdemon

I was watching the show when this happened. She handled it so badly the way she just slinked off stage. I can't say I would have handled it any better myself, but that's why I don't have a profession which requires me to be on a stage! Ok, that and a total lack of musical/theatrical talent! :D I thought it was cowardly when she blamed it on her band; saying they started playing the wrong song.

that is just too funny! but i agree with sara, what a coward! her band are the only good thing she has and c'mon it's not as if we all can't tell the difference between live and lip sync, she's wasn't fooling anyone in the first place! she should have met the occasion with humour if she wants people to respect her... (or better yet just sing live in the first place!!!)

We all know that 99% of 'artists' these days lipsync and I guess there isn't too much we can do to change that, but to blame it on her band was low. I agree with Gisela - she could have just laughed, made a quick joke about it and carried on and sung live! :: How does she think people are going to view her as an artist if she has no respect for the people she works with? Drama Queen anyone... :doh:

I really have no recspect for artists who do the lipsync stuff. As you know it's predominant in today's "pop" music. Most rock artists whether they be male or female, sing, rather than have a tape play. I have so mushc recpect for the bands who do go out there and sing....

I saw Ashlee on the "Today Show" and she made so many excuses...it was pathetic. And then she was trying to blow it off like it was no big deal. She said, "Well, at least I'm not anorexic, my boob didn't pop out, and I don't do drugs." I think that was very unnecessary...she was obviously alluding to Mary Kate Ashley. Anorexia is a disease...having no singing talent is not. Snotty little beyotch.

It doesn't surprise me that Ashlee Simpson lip-synchs, but it surprises me that SNL let her. They take pride in great live performances, and this is a huge blow to their reputation. Pop musicians routinely write a lip-synch clause into their contracts that allows them to mime the songs if they want to. (The funniest part about this is the specialty drum set designed to be silent during the performance. You can beat on the thing and it won't make any noise.) SNL needs to have more integrity, and I think that's the last time we will see lip-synching or Ashlee Simpson on the show.

Nah, it's just not my generation, is all. When I watch tv, I flip right on past all the MTV, 'celebrity news' shows, etc. When they showed a picture of that Simpson girl on the news Sunday morning, I thought it was Paris Hilton in a wig. cecilia_b_fall03.jpg143286.jpg

you be the judge.

I never knew she existed until Sunday morning. I told my wife, "Hon, apparently, this Jessica Simpson has a sister"

EXACTLY...now you all get it, don't you? You and everybody else in this country were "PWNED" (whatever the hell that means). It was a setup from the moment she was asked to be on that show....a HUGE PUBLICITY STUNT. Now everybody has heard of her - even Jr. I had heard of her, but I had never heard one of her songs until Sunday or Monday morning. Incidentally, that song sucked. But the point is that the more publicity a loser like her gets, even if it's bad publicity, the more the people who obtain knowledge of said loser. I don't like her, I don't like her music, I don't like her voice, but I'd love to pop her sister one. :laughing:

Anyway, that's all for now. Later, y'all. Rock on!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

Well, Sammy, now I know there's another one out there, but that's about it. The only effect it had on me is to confirm what I already knew: Today's music is in a sorry state.

By the way...I just realized you spell it "Sammy". All this time, I'd been typing "Sammie". Sorry.