We Have Assumed Control

MuzikTyme

An album I loved as a teenager, IMO their second best, the first being 'RUSH'.

I hadn't listened to any Rush since my record player packed in 10 years ago, until I bought a compilation CD for the car last month. 1st listen was great, so evocative. 2nd listen my wife was with me and I found myself having to explain why I liked this as a spotty youth. Accessible it is not. I now only put it on if I am alone to avoid comments like 'Is that a woman singing?', 'I didn't have you down as a Tolkien loon' and 'No wonder you couldn't pull'.

Definately an aquired taste. A bit like aural Marmite.

Regards

You know, oddly enough, as many times as I listened to this, I don't know all the titles. I had it on 8-track, then album. I don't have it on cd, though, or I'd have listened to it again by now. I thought I did, but when I went to look, there was Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves, and that's all the Rush I own...

I remember the band I was is did the entire instrumental, all the was up to "And the meek shall inherit the earth". We never played it in front of anyone, it was our personal jam. Man, it was soooo much fun. Musically, the entire first side of the album isn't very difficult to play. Just straight up rock. Cool stuff.

Incidentally, those guys I was in that band with are still playing bars and parties. Eternally 16, I suppose.

The Wall. But I guess that's just a given for me.

Edit:

Ach, my apologies. I thought this thread was just to discuss your favorite album, because the picture didn't load. I have never heard 2112, suprisingly enough. Anyone care to mail me a copy?

dark side is better

:happybanana:

MUSICAL INTERLUDE:

"We've taken care of everything

The words you hear, the songs you sing

The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes.

It's one for all and all for one

We work together, common sons

Never need to wonder how or why.

We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx

Our great computers fill the hallowed halls.

All the gifts of life are held within our walls.

Look around at this world we've made

Equality our stock in trade

Come and join the Brotherhood of Man

Oh, what a nice, contented world

Let the banners be unfurled

Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand.

Our great computers fill the hallowed halls.

All the gifts of life are held within our walls."

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon:

DSoTM is probably better than The Wall, I just favor The Wall, because it touches me deep inside. All of Pink Floyds songs do, especially on DSoTM. But there is just something about The Wall that gets me, and I can relate to, and I just think it's great. :rockon: Still, Pink Floyd is Pink Floyd, and they kick ass, have always kicked ass, and shall continue to kick ass.

I can't believe you take The Wall over DSOTM!

I thought Eclipse was your fav...and DSOTM has better Sync and....... opinions. :happybanana:

DSOTM is the best Floyd album... and Echoes and Atom Heart Mother, in my opinion... DSOTM has travelled with me since Buenos Aires till Madrid, then to Paris, then to Barcelona, Then back to Madrid...!!!

• 4 weeks later...

'I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon. City and sky become one, merging

into a single plane, a vast sea of unbroken grey. The Twin Moons, just two pale orbs as

they trace their way across the steely sky. I used to think I had a pretty good life here,

just plugging into my machine for the day, then watching Templevision or reading a Temple

Paper in the evening.

'My friend Jon always said it was nicer here than under the atmospheric domes of the Outer

Planets. We have had peace since 2062, when the surviving planets were banded together under

the Red Star of the Solar Federation. The less fortunate gave us a few new moons.

I believed what I was told. I thought it was a good life, I thought I was happy. Then I found

something that changed it all...'

Anonymous, 2112