Sign in to follow this  
Danielj

Chilliwack

Anybody know of them? They were at a free concert this summer, I didnt know who they were at the time. Ive mentioned a coupletimes that they were the only band to open for Pink Floyd on their North American tour.

I thought the name sounded familiar so I looked them up. They had a song that I think is the #1 earworm of all time..."My Girl".

Gone, gone, gone, she been gone so long, she been gone, gone, gone so long.

I'll be singing that all flapping day. I was under the impression that they were an 80s one hit wonder...it seems odd that they opened for PF...

Well unless my...contact... has a problem, I'm pretty sure they did.

No, that is probably their worst song. Agreed, My Girl sucks. :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana:

Chilliwack are a long established band from Vancouver Canada....since the mid nineteen sixties..formerly known as the Collectors. Basically a festival and special event band these days..havent really had a hit since "California Girl" in the mid seventies, but lots of North of the Border action over the last thirty years. Bill Henderson was leader for many years..and they are still active up here, just no current airplay product for a while. ::

Rock On!

Ken