Fun and Games -Collaboration Relay

_jr_

Ok, as if we don't have enough 'Fun and Games" threads, I'm going to fly this one up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes.

I was listening to the radio, and "Under Pressure" came on. It gave me the idea for a thread, where you take a song or album that has a collaboration on it. The next person takes one of the two (or more) collaborators, and names that artist and another, and so on.

Example: David Bowie and Queen did 'Under Pressure' together.

The next person might say 'Stevie Ray Vaughan was a session guitarist on Bowie's 'Let's Dance' album. Etc, Etc, Etc.

Sort of a six degrees of seperation thing, OK? This one may be a little tougher. Rather than just listing the next song alphabetically, you may have to do a little research.

Alright, I'll start it:

Jackson Browne and Glenn Frey wrote the song 'Take it Easy'

Jeff Lynne was in The Move, Roy Wood´s band, for a while.

RogerW, is it true that Lynne produced some Beatles stuff? I can´t believe it... or did I read it wrong? I´ll check to see... pls, give me more info if you can...

Long Live Bob Dylan & Lynne!!!

More Jeff Lynne: He collaborated with Tom Petty on Petty's 1989 album Full Moon Fever producing and co-writing many of the songs.

Also he collaborated with George Harrison on the album Cloud 9 in '88 and helped to produce two Beatles Anthology albums, a single or two of theirs in the 90's and Paul McCartney's Flaming Pie album ('97) but I don't think he ever worked with 'The Beatles' as a whole, though I hear he was quite the Beatle fanatic.

edna lynne produced the so called lost tapes for the beatles. I had a couple of the song names but got interrupted and am too lazy to go back and look them up. He apparently got some acclaim but also some critscism for this. Why I don't know.

When Lynne placed with Wilburys he was known as Otis.

Oh... the lost tapes were not oldies and early beatles songs, if I

remember well... maybe it´s the late stuff released few years ago? Coz it´s not the BBC nor the Decca tapes... if you find one or two titles, pls post it to me, Windy, whever you can %& if you can... soon I´ll have my books unpacked and all my archives will be of great help for me! Thank you!!!!!!!! :coolio:

Yes, that´s what I thought... it was just the two songs released a couple of years ago... I guess George Harrison was still alive... I don´t like "Free as a bird", it´s not Beatles... and "Real love" was already in the John Lennon Imagine soundtrack album. Thanks for the info, Windy... I see you´re a fan of Mr. Riff... I was born on the 18th december too, I was very proud of this!!!

Eric Clapton formed Cream, the so-called supergroup, with Ginger Baker

and Jack Bruce. Steve Winwood joined Jack Bruce and Jim Capaldi among others in Blind Faith...

oops, I was leading the thread out of its meaning... :doh: :doh: :angel:

Hey, I just realized... I´m a jellyfish!!! :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: