U2

Kate1969

not as exhorbitant as madonna who charged nearly 100 euro when she played slane this year! for the first time in years slane didn't sell out, losing so much money that they had to cancel three support acts incl the darkness! i saw u2 at slane two years ago and they were incredible! they would be well worth going to see if you get the chance (and can afford it of course!)

I'm definitely going to see them on this tour. They're getting on up in age and I fear that every tour might be their last. The last tour I saw them on was Popmart, so I want to go see them again.

I believe their ticket prices for the Elevation tour were on par with most other big name acts. They did have tickets designated as the "Golden Circle" which were enclosed by the ramps/runways extending out into the crowd. Now those tickets commanded some serious cash.

not as exhorbitant as madonna who charged nearly 100 euro when she played slane this year! for the first time in years slane didn't sell out, losing so much money that they had to cancel three support acts incl the darkness! i saw u2 at slane two years ago and they were incredible! they would be well worth going to see if you get the chance (and can afford it of course!)

Madonna, Sting, Annie Lennox, Rolling Stones, and U2 charge ungodly amounts of money to see them live. I say "fawk that" and buy more tickets to smaller gigs. Their glory days are long gone anyway. The only artists worth that much bank even after twenty or thirty years in the biz are Duran Duran, Chris Isaak, and Roxy Music :headphones:

I saw U2 in 85 or so, out in Denver. Red Rocks Ampitheater (now there's a venue!), where they made their concert video. That wasn't the show I was at, though. The one I saw was either the tour before, or the tour after, I'm not sure. I also saw Madonna at the Philadelphia Spectrum, which, by the way, was an awesome show. It was the Blonde Ambition tour, I think. The one where she had the long pony tail. The 80's were a blur for me.

i'm jealous, i'd love to have seen madonna back then but i was only small! my older brothers got to go see michael jackson when he played cork when i was six and i wasn't allowed to go because my younger brother was too young and they didn't think it'd be fair on him if i went! lousy!!

I saw U2 in 85 or so, out in Denver. Red Rocks Ampitheater (now there's a venue!), where they made their concert video. That wasn't the show I was at, though. The one I saw was either the tour before, or the tour after, I'm not sure.

The tour of 85 was very good...I didn´t like U2 by that time but it was my job and I had to go to Paris and see them. I did like it a lot. There´s a video called "Under a red red sky" and the live album... that one is very good, I think it´s the 82 or 3 tour... is that the film you´re talking about, jr? In that same trip I also had to see Violent Femmes in a little club, and that show was amazing... I saw U2 also in London, I guess it was 86 or 87... by then I prefered small concerts.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u2's Tour Manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana:

The video filmed at Red Rocks was called "Under a Blood Red Sky" and it was filmed during the War tour which was 1983.

Thanks for the info, Eggplant! I didn´t remember the name quite well, but I have this vinyl and I like it so much that I´m gonna get the cd. It´s my favorite U2 album.

Jill, so must have plenty of Teeshirts with the U2 Tour!!!!!!

i'm jealous, i'd love to have seen madonna back then but i was only small! my older brothers got to go see michael jackson when he played cork when i was six and i wasn't allowed to go because my younger brother was too young and they didn't think it'd be fair on him if i went! lousy!!

I have a sister 18 years younger than I. When she was two or three years old my brother and I used to take her to every concert we could. She was having great time, and she still remembers it! It wasn´t big concerts, just local bands which now are famous, but just in Spain... I wouldn´t take a child into a huge stadium to see Madonna or Michael J...

• 3 weeks later...

Without a doubt ticket prices are high nowadays, and the biggest acts charge the most...wait a minute... are you people communists ? ::

Just think ,though, what you get for that ! Ok, let's say 100 euros/dollars,... YEARS of memories ! Yes that's right, years and years of pleasant memories that you can amuse yourself with, or , perhaps more valuably, in 5-10 years from now, say to your friends 'Yeah, I saw U2 in ' 05', and have them look at you with envy/ question you respectfully ! :: Even better, if your mind works this way; sell your overpriced tour shirt to a vintage collector/ sucker and recoup or make a lot more on all your expenses! Anyway you look at it, it's a win-win (unless the show is notoriously awful ). Buy the tickets if you can ! --- and consider this the next time you fork out a $100 or so for Nikes or whatever ' gets you through the night' (cue music). :thumbsup: ::

P.S. Don't fear Bono calling it quits. Decent of a man as he is, I think he always keeps an eye on where the bucks are falling from. As far as the original band being together -- would you, or anyone else care if Adam Clayton or others hang around --or would anyone notice ? U2 is definately an example of the triumph of the vocalist over the band (which has a long progression going back to Crosby) and have been hanging on to a thread for years (cue 'Red Hill Mining Town') . The fact that they haven't broken up by now (despite very public grudges ) speaks more for their sincerity toward each other (all for one, etc.) which few other bands in recent history have ever shown .Honestly, if it weren't for friendship ( and the occasional reminder of their Christian -rock roots now and then), U2 would have been called' Bono and Friends' years ago. Granted,' The Edge ' plays a mean guitar which would not easily be replaced--- though, IMO, it could be. :shades: :angel: ::