The Show You Missed

_jr_

I went through all the threads in the "Concert" forum, and didn't see this mentioned, so I'm going to ask it.

What band that's no longer around, do you wish you could have seen live? It could be you had the chance and didn't take it, or you were born too late, or whatever.

For me, I've seen just about everyone I've wanted to see, with one glaring omission....Queen. I would have loved to have seen Freddie sing live. :(

The Beatles

The Cars

Talking Heads (I saw David Byrne many times but it makes no sense)

The Jefferson Airplane

Otis Redding

Pink Floyd with all four members, with Syd Barret too, and with DanielJ if he agrees... what a wonderfull band this would be(repeat two times). :drummer:

Grateful Dead

The Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Guns N Roses - my aunt went to see them on their Appetite for Destruction tour, but I was too young to tag along (this is the same lady who "accidentally" omitted the last two songs when she made a tape of her CD for me. I guess she thought my virgin ears shouldn't be submitted to "Anything Goes" and "Rocket Queen")

Stevie Ray Vaughan - my parents saw him for his Couldn't Stand the Weather tour - don't think I can ever forgive them for leaving me behind!

John Lee Hooker - I actually had tickets to see him in Memphis, but he cancelled the show due to health - he passed away a little more than a month later :puppyeyes:

The Beatles

The Cars

Talking Heads (I saw David Byrne many times but it makes no sense)

The Jefferson Airplane

Otis Redding

Pink Floyd with all four members, with Syd Barret too, and with DanielJ if he agrees... what a wonderfull band this would be(repeat two times). :drummer:

Of course I will m'dear. Syd rules. Arnold Layne is becoming my favorite song :rockon:

of course mine would have to be the beautiful jeff. i have dreamed about seeing him play so many times (including one dream where i heard a new song which was weird!). i am unbelievably crazily seethingly jealous of anybody i know who saw him or had any contact whatsoever with him!

jr i would love to have seen queen too tho, freddie was amazing!

daniel, the year before last i bought my boyfriend tickets to nina simone in a 100-seater venue in dublin for his birthday. she fell ill, the gig was cancelled and she died shortly afterwards! :(

There´s one concert I missed, I remember... the first time I had the opportunity to see Bob Dylan live, I was working on a TV show with the Psychedelich Furs... My friend came to take me to see Bob Dylan, but I couldn´t go...both were playing the same night, but I was working!!! I couldn´t leave the Furs to see Bob Dylan... Good luck, the PF were amazing that night (and during the sound check better yet!)... and I had other opportunities to see Bob Dylan.

• 4 weeks later...