Shania Twain

Tenacious_Peaches

The other day I was flipping through my video music channels and I saw a new Shania video on the country channel. It is a duet with some cat that I've never heard of...I'm assuming he's a country singer. The song is called "Party For Two" (or something like that) and the end of the video has the two of them outside dancing on a table and swinging from a chandelier. New Shania video...who cares, right?

This morning I had VH1 on and I saw the same video, but the guy didn't look like the guy I had seen the other day. Upon closer inspection, I realized the guy was Mark McGrath, the cat from Sugar Ray. The video was exactly the same, even down to her facial expressions singing certain lines, except with interchangable guys.

That woman took the time to shoot a "country" version and a "pop" version of the song. That is absolutely, without a doubt, the most cold, calculating, making music for a profit "thing" I have ever seen. I am offended all the way down to my very soul.

Any thoughts? I know Amy will love this!

This woman has been on my "who cares?" list since day one.

Just the simple fact that she married legend Mutt Lange speaks volumes about her intentions.

Yes, I also heard that she released two different versions of her music, to cover both markets. She's untalented. Name one song where she shows any vocal range. Can't be done.

She's plastic, as well. The only reason she's even around is because she wears the clothes she does.

As far as country music goes, there are only , maybe, 3 or 4 artists out there that even remotely sound like traditional country. She's not one of them.

I think she is a honey, in a plastic/denim kind of way. We get the odd single over here, and from my very limited perspective of 'country' music, she strikes me as a female Garth Brooks. To me a real female country singer is somebody like Tammy Wynette, who has maximum credibility due to her mixing with the KLF. What do I know....

Regards

• 2 months later...

Talented or not, she is definitely hot in an animal kind of way, and her marketing savvy, tho I loath it, works on several levels. She is kind of like communism, good for the masses, but not the free thinkers. How disparate are those observations? Please don't mind me, it's Friday night and I'm working my way thru a 12er of Warsteiner. Yay Deutschland!!