Growing up in the 60's music-wise

lost one

:help: i have a few questions for anyone who is born around or before the 60s (so if ur atleast 30 years of age right now):

what types of music did u grow up with? (genre, specific songs and artists?)

and what kinds of songs were most important to you and why?

the more elaborate and specific, the better!

thank you so much!

- lost one.

lost, I think your best bet would be to drift around in these threads. There are a ton of songs, discussions, debates, etc. All the music talk in here will give you an idea of what we 'old timers' like. It's a great place to learn some things about other genres. I didn't think I'd ever know anything about the newer stuff. There are plenty of youngsters in here as well, who keep the geritol crowd posted.

There's also a mutual respect between the two, which is nice. Welcome to Songfacts!

Follow Jr´s advice, he knows a lot. If you want a brief rockandroll history, here I go: Elvis invented rockand roll in 55, then the Beatles rocked the world, then the Rolling Stones. Then came the Who, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and in America the Beach Boys and Simon & Garf., then Mama´s & Pappas, West Coast music, Jimi, Janis... In the 70s went the symphonic King Crimson, Yes, ELP, etc... At the end, came the punk with Blondie, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Clash,etc... while country and rock (Bob Seger, Neil Young, Eagles) rocked on. Oooof...... 80s: very trendy and modern, techno and rap. 90s, everything allowed.

Well, you´d better follow Jr´s advice...and keep on reading this post.