Thank You Jesus!!!!!!!!

scott

I'm gonna save my money up all month for this.

NEW YORK (Billboard) - The 3-CD Nirvana boxed set, "With the Lights Out," due Nov. 23, will boast 68 previously unreleased tracks, including a selection of late leader Kurt Cobain's home demos, live tracks and studio outtakes, Geffen Records said Monday. In all, the box will feature 81 tracks.

A DVD will boast footage of the fledgling band playing a 1987 house party as well as studio and rehearsal clips.

"With the Lights Out" was originally intended for release in Christmas 2001, to coincide with the 10-year anniversary of Nirvana's breakthrough album, "Nevermind." But surviving members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic were thwarted by lawsuits from Cobain's widow Courtney Love (news), who objected to their planned use of the previously unreleased track "You Know You're Right" in the set.

The dispute was eventually settled in September 2002, with the parties agreeing to earmark "You Know You're Right" for a self-titled Nirvana compilation released the following month.

Reuters/Billboard

/story

68!!! 68 unreleased tracks, this is huge, gigantic. This is my generations equivalent to when the Beatle's anthologies came out.

Yeah!!!!!!

Those box sets are pretty cool sometimes. I got the Aerosmith one, maybe 10 years ago. There's one gem from the early 70's "I'm on the Road Again". Raw and gritty.

The "50 previously unreleased tracks !!" deal can be decieving, though. 26 seconds of Joe Perry tuning his guitar constitutes 'Disc 3, track 9', etc, etc.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, Scott. I just don't want you to be too let down if that's what you get.

I'm really suprised Courtney allowed this

Yeah, Courtney was gonna block it, and it was originally gonna be released in 2001, but Kris and Dave fought really hard to get this released, so the set might have been released a bit late, but it should kick some serious ___

They just released the track listing for the collection, it seems pretty cool to me (*note, most of the songs that appear on the listing are alternate versions of released songs, not just the original song(like 'Scentless Apprentice' is supposedly a ten minute jam, not the 3 and a 1/2 minute song from 'In Utero)

CD 1

01. Heartbreaker

02. Anorexorcist

03. White Lace and Strange

04. Help Me, I'm Hungry

05. Mrs. Butterworth

06. If You Must

07. Pen Cap Chew

08. Downer

09. Floyd The Barber

10. Raunchola

11. Moby Dick

12. Beans

13. Don't Want It All

14. Clean Up Before She Comes

15. Polly (solo)

16. About A Girl

17. Blandest

18. Dive

19. They Hung Him On A Cross

20. Grey Goose

21. Ain't It A Shame

22. Token Eastern Song

23. Even In His Youth

24. Polly

CD 2

01. Opinion

02. Lithium

03. Been A Son

04. Sliver

05. Where Did You Sleep Last Night

06. Pay To Play

07. Here She Comes Now

08. Drain You

09. Aneurysm

10. Smells Like Teen Spirit (demo)

11. Breed

12. Verse Chorus Verse

13. Old Age

14. Endless, Nameless

15. Dumb

16. D-7

17. Oh, The Guilt

18. Curmudgeon

19. Return of the Rat

20. Smells Like Teen Spirit (Butch Vig Mix)

CD 3

01. Rape Me (solo)

02. Rape Me

03. Scentless Apprentice

04. Heart Shaped Box

05. I Hate Myself and Want to Die

06. Milk It

07. Moist Vagina

08. Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow

Through The Strip

09. The Other Improv

10. Serve The Servants

11. Very Ape

12. Pennyroyal Tea

13. Marigold

14. Sappy

15. Jesus Doesn't Want Me For a Sunbeam

16. Do Re Mi

17. You Know You're Right

18. All Apologies

BONUS DVD

01. Love Buzz

02. Scoff

03. About A Girl

04. Big Long Now

05. Immigrant Song

06. Spank Thru

07. Hairspray Queen

08. School

09. Mr. Moustache

10. Big Cheese

11. In Bloom

12. Sappy

13. School

14. Love Buzz

15. Pennyroyal Tea

16. Smells like Teen Spirit

17. Territorial Pissings

18. Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam

19. Talk To Me

20. Seasons In The Sun

That reminds me of a song that goes "Thank you Jesus...Thank you Lord... etc... get a girl with faraway eyes". It´s very funny, "Faraway eyes", Rolling Stones, Some Girls Album (miamisammy knows)

Could that Be The Girl With The Faraway Eyes?

I think Sammy, yourself and I are the Stones Afficianados here.

Love your entusiasm and hope it satisfies you! However, the Beatles Anthology turned out to be really less than zero--most of these B.S albums are 10(?) second blurbs put out by marketeer who want to eat fans like you. I really hope this is different,however, but I would suggest not being first in line. :angel:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I picked this up yesterday, and to put it simply, it kicks some serious a$$.

There are some great songs in the package(I especially like Marigold and Sappy) and there's this version of Heart Shaped Box, that's simply chilling, a lot of the lyrics were changed for In Utero's release (a sample of the 'raw' versions lyrics "I've been locked inside heart shaped coffins for too many weeks")

Yeah, this is a great set, and it doesn't have any sixty second tuning crap. :coolio:

• 2 weeks later...