the most over- played song is?

cpride09

I remember discussing this in another thread, I'm going to go with "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin, it's their most played track on the radio, and by far one of their best songs. My second pick would be "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith, it's always on, everytime I change the station. In newer music, I would pick "The Reason" by Hoobastank.

Lots of Lynyrd Skynyrd songs are overplayed. Especially Sweet Home Alabama and Freebird. These two are played all the time on the classic rock station in my area.

While I agree with rkfan about the Skynyrd tunes (you can add "What's Your Name" and "That Smell" to the list), I still have to say that the MOST overplayed is one of two by Aerosmith - either "Walk This Way" or "Sweet Emotion".

And I also agree with Dan the Man, that any rap song played more than once is just overkill.

:afro: :afro: :afro:

EVERY song is overplayed at some time or another. It's the thing about top-40 radio: they play songs so regularly you can set your watch to them. No joke - the radio station we used to play at work you could tell the time by the song they had on.

Right now, the most overplayed song has got to be "Writing's On The Wall" by the Tea Party. Awesome song, but... that and "Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park.