Songs that you secretly enjoy

Nirvana2k4

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of mine have already been mentioned: Bee Gees, Monkees, Kid Rock, Justin Timberlake, and Nickelback. I love "Home" by Michael Buble. I'm afraid to listed to anything else of his because I might like it :blush:

Country music in general is a big one for me, Kelly Clarkson, soundtracks (Eddie and the Cruisers, Dirty Dancing....)

I'll stop now :crazy:

I agree with Jenny and Radhi. Lenny Kravitz isn´t a guilty pleasure...

But for me he is, I don't listen to hardly anyone out of the 60' and 70's era and his style isn't something I normally like, but he has funk so I like a few songs. To me a guilty pleasure is something out of your normal musical tastes. Guess I was wrong.

You're not wrong, Jane. I interpret a "guilty pleasures" as artists/songs that most people would not consider "serious" music, or would be considered cheesy. We were all trying to say that Lenny Kravitz has credibility, so you should not feel guilty listening to him.

Lenny Kravitz's influences are very apparent in his music, and he touches on several genres. The 60's and 70's were his molding years, and that's what he reminds me of when I hear him.

Rock with a true funk underbelly. He's a very, very good musician. If I were to start a band, he'd be my bass player, for sure. Melodic, but with a funky sound and a punch in the gut power.

As far as guilty pleasures, I'd say the Carpenters and Jim Croce. Karen had a beautiful voice, and Jim Croce was a brilliant songwriter. Operator is, to this day, one song that actually puts a lump in my throat.

This is a guilty pleasure songs playlist I made for my myspace page~

All Out Of Love-- Air Supply

Believe It Or Not (Theme from The Greatest American Hero)--Joey Scarbury

Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)--Looking Glass

Bust A Move--Young MC

Copacabana (At The Copa)--Barry Manilow

Escape (The Pina Colada Song)--Rupert Holmes

Every Rose Has Its Thorn--Poison

Girlfriend--N*SYNC

I'm A Slave 4 U--Britney Spears

I'm Too Sexy--Right Said Fred

I Want It That Way--Backstreet Boys

I Was Made For Dancing--Leif Garrett

Love Will Keep Us Together--Captain & Tennille

Mickey--Toni Basil

Stay--Lisa Loeb

Lord love me and Edna forgive me, I like Phil Collins. My mom and I listened to his Hits CD TWICE while traveling.

Lord love me and Edna forgive me, I like Phil Collins. My mom and I listened to his Hits CD TWICE while traveling.

Shannon, I would even love and listen to Genesis if you asked me to... :shades: :bow:

And I love these two guilty pleasures of yours...

V

Love Will Keep Us Together--Captain & Tennille

Mickey--Toni Basil