Songs that you secretly enjoy

Nirvana2k4

The prevailing sentiment seems to be loathing for Katrina and the Wave; but that aside, anytime I hear the beginning of "Walking On Sunshine" I have the desire to dance. I love the energy of that song. It feels ... it feels ... GOOD!

Walking on Sunshine was a great song! Didn't they win Eurovision Song Contest or something of the kind?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out here in the Pacific, it was fashionable to dump on Don Ho as "Mr. Hawaii/Hawaiian Music" in the 1970's when the Hawaiian Renaissance was getting acts signed to every Waikiki hotel show room. However, since daughter Hoku Ho scored on a song/video for the movie "Snow Day," it's time to raise a Mai Tai and sing "Tiny Bubbles" again. So what if his hit repertoire was penned by the late Kui Lee or that his performances reminded some of Dean Martin, it's time to sing "Ain't No Big Thing" once again. Don's always been cool about it all, singing all the way to the bank. :guitar:

• 1 month later...

Hello All...I was wondering if this thread has been done before, if so let me know....I was also wondering what songs you would never admit that you liked...this would be the place to tell all........but shhhhhhhhh...I wont tell anybody...lol

ok I'll be brave and tell a couple of mine...ok now be nice

here it goes:

Dancing Queen...abba

Afternoon Delight....starland vocal band

ok i'll tell more after i see a few of yours...now be nice!

It's different admitting to liking something than actually playing it in front of family and friends :headphones: It's not like I could bust out music by Sharan Q (Japanese band) or Ricardo Montaner (Latin Pop Balladeer) and expect people to sit and listen to music in languages they don't understand.

what's so embarassing about liking "dancing queen"? ok, so abba are cheesy but they are fun!

"mama mia", the musical that features their music, was great fun, everyone sang along , even danced! (and btw i hate musicals!)

I Hate Musicals also, but I do like GREASE

Afternoon Delight....starland vocal band

Laurie, this is for you, sister...

MUSICAL INTERLUDE:

(Sammy owns the rights to the MI, but I use it liberally)

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight

Gonna grab some afternoon delight

My motto's always been 'when it's right, it's right'

Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night?

When everything's a little clearer in the light of day

And we know the night is always gonna be there any way

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite

Looking forward to a little afternoon delight

Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite

And the thought of lovin' you is getting so exciting

Sky rockets in flight

Afternoon delight

Afternoon delight

Afternoon delight

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

God help me, I love it too, Laurie.

Rock The Boat...hues corp.

What's wrong with admitting you like this song? My toe is tapping just thinking about it. ::

My theory is you should never be ashamed of any music that makes you happy. If I like "Copacabana" and somebody has a problem with it, they can smooch my hot patootie. My mission is not to please everyone else's musical taste, it's to please mine. If you don't like it, don't friggin' listen to it.

[/rant]

My theory is you should never be ashamed of any music that makes you happy. If I like "Copacabana" and somebody has a problem with it, they can smooch my hot patootie. My mission is not to please everyone else's musical taste, it's to please mine. If you don't like it, don't friggin' listen to it.

[/rant]

I couldn't agree more! although i do occasionally feel quilty for liking a pop hit!

Carl Douglas & Melanie

I'm not ashamed of any of the music I like. It's what I like. So what if someone else thinks it's bad.

I agree, people should'nt worry about what others think of their choice of music...I listen to all kinds of music. I thought it would be interesting though to hear about the songs that you never really ever hear get mentioned, hence the name "our guilty pleasures"