Jim Morrison

Danielj

Actually, I'm Jim Morrison, Daniel.

Just call me Mr. Mojo Risin'. I got tired of living in Africa back in 1975 and figured no one would suspect it was me since I changed my hair color, quit music and lost 20 lbs. eerr, I mean "years". I look pretty good for a 61 year old who did all those drugs though. :: Please lets just keep this our little secret.

Don't listen to Floyd1973. Actually, I'm Jim Morrison. I lived on an island just east of Madagascar for about 15 years, but I was starting to run out of money. Now I work at a Taco Bell in Paducah, Kentucky. It's not the best job in the world but it pays pretty good, and I absolutely love the chimichangas. And I work the night shift, so it gives me time to write my poetry. If you're ever in Paducah, look me up. And, just for the record, Ian Astbury couldn't shine my boots. Keep on rockin', Daniel.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

...ha.....ha.... nice try folks, but allow me to plea my case, you all know me as "Mike", right?... in Waynes World 2, Jim Morrison (Wayne's dream: -in the desert with the naked indian) was played by "Mike" Nickels ... coincidence ...hmm? I think not! :: Mike Nickles is 5'9", and I am 5'9" - I know I used to be 6 feet tall... see what happens when you do drugs... If I was still doing them I'd be a pygmy by now! ::

So go ahead baby light my fire! :thumbsup:

Jim Morrison -- a fascinating and mysterious man who left this world 33 years ago, but his legacy lives on!

Some people see him as nothing more than a heavy drinking, self destructive wild child who was out of control, and well on his way to becoming a has been. In Jim's death, some people see him as an overrated musician and undeserving of the title "icon".

Toward the end I think Jim probably wanted to be far more serious than what his audience would let him be, but it was his own antics that created a standard for what people wanted and expected of him. While he probably knew this, he couldn't go back and change things he'd done, and he couldn't control things he continued to do -- so he gave up.

I honestly believe there was far more to Jim than what he projected outwardly, but on such a complex level that even he didn't truly understand it, much less know how to deal with it.

In another thread I posted that "Jim lived too fast in a time that he was way ahead of, and he died in a time that passed way too fast"...or something to that effect.

Jim once said, "I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps, "Oh look at that!" Then whoosh, I'm gone, and they'll never see anything like it ever again, and they won't be able to forget me...ever."

As I've said before...prophetic.

Jim Morrison -- a fascinating and mysterious man who left this world 33 years ago, but his legacy lives on!

Some people see him as nothing more than a heavy drinking, self destructive wild child who was out of control, and well on his way to becoming a has been. In Jim's death, some people see him as an overrated musician and undeserving of the title "icon".

Toward the end I think Jim probably wanted to be far more serious than what his audience would let him be, but it was his own antics that created a standard for what people wanted and expected of him. While he probably knew this, he couldn't go back and change things he'd done, and he couldn't control things he continued to do -- so he gave up.

I honestly believe there was far more to Jim than what he projected outwardly, but on such a complex level that even he didn't truly understand it, much less know how to deal with it.

In another thread I posted that "Jim lived too fast in a time that he was way ahead of, and he died in a time that passed way too fast"...or something to that effect.

Jim once said, "I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps, "Oh look at that!" Then whoosh, I'm gone, and they'll never see anything like it ever again, and they won't be able to forget me...ever."

As I've said before...prophetic.

:guitar: Some people might think I'm crazy and I wouldn't have admitted it at the time, but I was in LOVE with Jim Morrison! I was VERY sad the day he died and to think I bought The Doors last album, L.A. Woman, the day he died. Nobody knew about Jim's death until a week later. Those who loved him and knew him well wanted to wait a few days because they wanted to avoid the circuslike atmosphere that surrounded Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin's death.

Oh, please, believe me, I WAS JIM!!!!!!! And I´m DEAD!!!! Not like Paul... Heaven exists, it´s a funny place, only I... oh, sorry, they won´t let me speak no more... gotta go... And don´t try to do ouija, we´re not allowed to answer no questions or... ok, ok, I´m going...Regards. Jim.

You really know me like a book, Catherine. Thank you for the kind words. This one's for you.

"Shake dreams from your hair

My pretty child, my sweet one.

Choose the day and choose the sign of your day

The day's divinity

First thing you see.

A vast radiant beach in a cool jeweled moon

Couples naked race down by it's quiet side

And we laugh like soft, mad children

Smug in the wooly cotton brains of infancy

The music and voices are all around us.

Choose they croon the Ancient Ones

The time has come again

Choose now, they croon

Beneath the moon

Beside an ancient lake

Enter again the sweet forest

Enter the hot dream

Come with us

Everything is broken up and dances."

~~~~Jim Morrison

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

• 8 years later...

Don't listen to Floyd1973. Actually, I'm Jim Morrison. I lived on an island just east of Madagascar for about 15 years, but I was starting to run out of money. Now I work at a Taco Bell in Paducah, Kentucky. It's not the best job in the world but it pays pretty good, and I absolutely love the chimichangas. And I work the night shift, so it gives me time to write my poetry. If you're ever in Paducah, look me up. And, just for the record, Ian Astbury couldn't shine my boots. Keep on rockin', Daniel.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

well then.