We all live in a yellow submarine!!!

the sharkster

IMO, that whole album is underrated, even for the Beatles. I always thought it was one of their better albums, but most people feel their paths changed around this time. They became influenced under different settings, & it allowed them to change themselves musically without compromising themselves to sub-pop standards. I realize that only a handful of tracks were original to the album & everything else was used as filler for the Soundtrack, but regardless, it goes down as one of the most brilliant & revolutionary psychedelic albums of its time.

"Yellow Submarine" is actually half a Beatles album... there´s two songs I can´t stand, "Y.S" and "All together now". But it has also "Hey Bulldog" and "Only a Northern Song", at least in the UK version, and these are very good. It also has other songs that were included in the american version of Magical Mistery Tour and maybe, I don´t remember, in Sgt Peppers? Then it´s been re-issued in CD with other bonus titles. But it´s truly a pretty psychedelich compilation.

"Yellow Submarine" is actually half a Beatles album... there´s two songs I can´t stand, "Y.S" and "All together now". But it has also "Hey Bulldog" and "Only a Northern Song", at least in the UK version, and these are very good. It also has other songs that were included in the american version of Magical Mistery Tour and maybe, I don´t remember, in Sgt Peppers? Then it´s been re-issued in CD with other bonus titles. But it´s truly a pretty psychedelich compilation.

Wha? You don't like "All Together Now"? Geez, and I know all the words to that one. :laughing:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, the original album was half-Beatles and half-Martin with intrumentals from the movie. The 1999 version is more or less a greatest hits with the first half of the original YS and tracks from Sgt. Peppers, Revolver and Tour. Man, the Beatles catalog can be so confusing!!! ::