Tom Jones

MindCrime

Could it be "Till. He says something like "what I wouldn't give just to have you adore me." Till the tropic sun goes cold, till this young world grows old, my darling I adore you." I hope I'm right. My mother was a huge fan of his , and she would be mortified if I didn't get this right!

Hehe. Beavis And Butthead had that waaay back in their show ::

Maybe that's what it was stuck from, I also remember the video playing on MTV's rotation 10 years ago, it had some guy who lived in a truck & his dog had it's own conveying leash that would let him travel around the town, maybe I'm not remembering this correctly.

Tom Jones, IMHO is one of the most underrated singers of our time. I guess it's because he became such a Vegas act in his career. But, talk about blue-eyed soul? This guy can sing R&B with the best of 'em. He'd probably have been given his due had he not gone Vegas or if he hadn't recorded so many cross-over type songs (like Green, Green Grass of Home).

Anyway, I like him.

Tom Jones, IMHO is one of the most underrated singers of our time. I guess it's because he became such a Vegas act in his career. But, talk about blue-eyed soul? This guy can sing R&B with the best of 'em. He'd probably have been given his due had he not gone Vegas or if he hadn't recorded so many cross-over type songs (like Green, Green Grass of Home).

Anyway, I like him.

I agree with grampa Joe, when I was younger it seemed to me that Tom Jones was good for straights, but now I get mad about him and I bought me his greatest hits. I should post his name in the comebacks thread, as he really did a good comeback... How´s your little new one, Uncle Joe?

MUSICAL INTERLUDE:

"Well, she's all you'd ever want

She's the kind I'd like to flaunt

and take to dinner.

Well, she always knows her place

She's got style, she's got grace

She's a winner.

She's a lady

Whoa whoa whoa, she's a lady

Talkin' about that little lady

And the lady is mine."

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon:

Excellent. I like vey much your musical interludes, MiammyS. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I remember watching his TV show when I was a kid. My mom loved him. Had his albums. I remember doing "The Ressurection Shuffle" Anyone know it? I hunted for it, but I can't find it.

I also remember he had a feud going with Elvis there for a while.