Which group crashed and burned...

golden_ann

the most after the lead singer or the most popular member departed?I don't know if this has been covered before, so bear with me and humor me a little if it has. LOL I would say the Commodores, after Lionel Richie became the love ballad extraordinaire, Genesis after Phil Collins, the Supremes without Diana Ross, the Temptations did okay without David Ruffin, but they lost some luster. I am sure there are tons of other examples, just have to recharge the ol'noggin! wait...how can I forget Michael Jackson and the Jackson five?

To kind of switch gears, I think the band that amazes me that they never crashed and burned after many, many, many, many, many band lineup changes, is the wonderful Red Hot Chili Peppers. Even through a few deaths, numerous drummer changes, they still managed to keep their 'mojo' and never fully crashed and burned (I'm just gonna leave out 'One Hot Minute' though, Navarro really never mixed IMO there were only a couple good songs on that one, but they redeemed themselves by hookin' back up with Frusciante and doing Californication)

• 4 weeks later...

Alice In Chains - They never really broke up, they just had a long vacation doing sideprojects. They never actually called it quits, until the death of Layne Staley. What a loss.... His voice sends a shiver down anyones spine. Kurt, Chris, and Eddie all wished they had the voice of Layne Staley. The man died the band died. Even though heroin was the reason. RIP Layne