Relative Duets

MindCrime

Hi, I'm looking for & was wondering if anybody could name any songs that are sang by two or more relatives/family members?

I have Conway Twitty - Joni Please Don't Cry, which was sang by his daughter, I don't know her name though.

Any other mentions would be appreciated, thanks in advance smile049.gif

Anything by The Carpenters (brother& sister) or The Osmonds (brothers and sister) The Jackson Five (brothers) Wilson Phillips (cousins) The Sylvers (brothers & sisters) Heart (sisters) Sister Sledge (sisters) DeBarge (brothers) The Pointer Sisters (sisters) Van Halen (brothers) Earth Wind & Fire (brothers) No Doubt (brother & sister 1st album.) I am sure there are more, but I can not think of any others right now.

The Kinks featured brothers Ray and Dave Davies sharing vocals, but I dont think they ever actually sang a proper duet on anything.

There are numerous gospel & soul groups with relatives. The Clark Sisters, The Winnans, and The Staple Singers are obvious examples.

In country, The Judds are a successful mother & daughter band.

There was that strange duet between Nat and Natalie Cole, where she recorded over tapes of her dead father.

And of course Frank and Nancy Sinatra recorded together.

You all forgot to mention Frank and Nancy Sinatra. Their big duet hit was Something Stupid! i believe it was a number one hit for them.

No, Denmark already mentioned it a couple of posts up. The Labelle sisters, weere they actually sisters?

There was that strange duet between Nat and Natalie Cole, where she recorded over tapes of her dead father.

And don't forget that Hank Williams Jr. sang a duet with his dead father, "There's a Tear in My Beer"?and it came out before Natalie Cole's album of duets with her dead father!

The Teen Queens who sang Eddie My Love were sisters.

I think The Caravelles are sisters...You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry

The Everly Bros.

Neil Sedaka did a couple of duets wth his daughter whose name escapes me.

Donnie and Marie Osmond have done several duets.

The Paris Sisters

Patience and Prudence

Nino Tempo and April Stevens are brother and sister.

Ike and Tina Turner

Carla Thomas and her dad, Rufus did some duets.

Grover and Elmo on Sesame Street have done some duets... :laughing:

Ike and Tina Turner

:doh: How could we forget these ones?

What about Paul and Linda? Or John and Yoko? Actually, John and Yoko didn´t sing together, John was very wise and he would let her sing, but only on HER part. He had already enough with Paul...

Tina Turner. It's alliteration - just sounds good and people tend to remember it better. She could have made her come back attempt as Anna Mae Bullock or even Tina Bullock, but I doubt she would have been successful.

She wouldn't of needed any name to make her fans relate to a lot of her songs, such as "What's love got to do with it" or "A Fool in Love", it's just too bad that she didn't write most of her biggest hits :(

Listen, Anna Mae, I made you and I can take you down! You say you hate me but you still use my name because I was the real talent in that band. You know that you can still make money off my name, even though we're not together anymore. I think I should get a cut of whatever you take in. Don't make me come over there and smack you down, Anna Mae! You know it was me, b*tch! You know it!

:beady: :beady: :beady: :beady: :beady: :beady:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

I was thinking, "Whoa. That's a lotta family acts." But some of them don't sing as duets ;) They usually play in the band while the other fronts. I was thinking Oasis would also count as a sibling act, but only one of them sings most of those songs :headphones:

Ike Turner... what happened to him? He´s surely no superstar...

He's still around, has put out a few releases over the past few years, mostly anthologies of his older material. I'd say he's more of a superstar in the way of being an Icon for wife-beaters around the world united.

He's still around, has put out a few releases over the past few years, mostly anthologies of his older material. I'd say he's more of a superstar in the way of being an Icon for wife-beaters around the world united.

That you can be sure!!! By the way, I like your new Tom Petty avatar, and please, may I ask where do you get that applause icon two posts up?