For the Stones fans

_jr_

I forgot to tell everyone-- during the trailers before the movie, one night only, October 11, there's going to be a screening of the Stones and a bunch of their friends, from,like 1969 or so, judging from the young Mick. The name escapes me, but it has something to do with "The Stone go to the Circus" or something along those lines. John and Yoko are in it. That's all I remember. It's only going to be in select cinemas, so check out Regal Cinemas web site to get more details. Remember, October 11th. One night only.

It's called the "Rock and Roll Circus". It also stars the Who, Lennon, and a few others that I can't recall at the moment. It was originally taped in 1969, but it wasn't released until 1995. I have it on VHS. It's pretty cool. Both the Stones and the Who are AWESOME!! They only play a few songs each, but they're some cool tunes.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

I found my video of Rolling Stones Circus, it´s funny... it seems like an old hippy meeting, there´s John and Yoko and Julian, Marianne Faithfull, Eric Clapton, Patti Harrison, Donovan among others. It´s aging strangely but we fans of stones and of the 60-70´s will love it.

• 1 month later...

Yes, "Rock and Roll Circus" -- Best act: Jethro Tull;Best paparazi moment: Brian Jones totally out of it ( they ditched him shortly after);Best freak out: John Lennon introducing his new love ,Yoko , who then proceeds with a 'song'; Best feel good moment: tie: John and Mick sharing a few laughs/ "Salt of the Earth"- finale song by the Stones; Intended best moment : "Sympathy for the Devil", played in an interesting light , I think, as a parody of the 'demonic Stones' they were played up to be. Sound system didn't flatter The Who at all.! :coolio:

Sound system didn't flatter The Who at all.! :coolio:

Having just watched this video again, I'd like to recant my earlier statement ( that'll teach me for basing opinions on recollection rather than a recent viewing). The Who were very good ! I guess I had in mind the stadium-rock sound systems which were to follow( !?)

Anyway, this video is a gem if you haven't seen it yet, rent or buy it ! Historically, it is important as it will really give you a glimpse of very late (December) 1968 if you're at all interested. For Beatles fans there is a disgruntled, isolated John Lennon,( one can sense) already wanting to get away from the Beatles, thus nullifying any media-generated speculation/ rivalries, etc. with other groups -- namely the Stones ( though what Paul thought at this time is anyone's guess !)

Taj Mahal --totally forgot their name, though not their perfomance. What became of them--damn good, though.

If you like the Stones, and not just a little, get this video. I can only describe the performances as PURE. I was blown away by 'Jumping Jack Flash', ' Parachute Woman'.... hell, all of them !

BTW: I read that the BBC, who put out the cash for this production, shelved it due to 'offensive content and/ or wording' . Little did they know that the times were' a changin'...."It's Monty Phython's Flying Circussssssss."

:)