Producing legend: Phil Spector indicted for murder

MindCrime

You heard it here folks, or here, or any other entertainment news source.

Written by: Dino-Ray Ramos | Sept-29-2004

Phil Spector, famous music producer, was indicted on Monday for the slaying of B-movie actress in 2003

The influential record producer, Phil Spector, famous for the ?Wall of Sound? technique was indicted on the murder charges of B movie actress Lana Clarkson. The murder happened in 2003 at Spector?s Alhambra mansion. Shortly after the indictment, Spector had more than one opinion about the situation.

"The actions of the Hitler-like DA and his storm trooper henchmen are reprehensible, unconscionable and despicable," said Spector.

As a result of the grand jury indictment, there will be no need for a preliminary hearing, which was scheduled for December 16. According to the 64-year-old producer, he would have called three forensic scientists and coroners to the witness stand to testify that Clarkson?s death was a result of a self-inflicted shot.

Clarkson, famous for her role in the cult film classic, ?Barbarian Queen? was a hostess at the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip. It was reported she went home with Spector the night of her death.

Spector is currently free on $1 million bail.

He´s well-known for being very close with guns... and also for his work with Ike&Tina, Ronettes, Ramones, Leonard Cohen, John Lennon, Beatles... Anybody knows if he ever did something with the Rolling Stones? I believe there was a song in "Metamorphosis" which was produced by Spector... Oh, I still have all my things in boxes and cases, I´m moving on and I can´t check my info!

Anybody knows if he ever did something with the Rolling Stones?

Not that I know of, I even re-checked his mini-biography, & it didn't indicate any work with the Stones, but listed him as one of their main productive influences, along with the Beach Boys.