Band Names

Carl

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chumbawamba...what the hell is that all about. but a band name like rage against the machine or system of a down. when you see those band names like that u automatically think they got something to say which is cool. then there are those really lame ass names like N'sync, or the back street boys, not to mention that those "bands" really SUCK.

PETER

When I hear a band with the name "Rage Against the Machine" or "System of a Down", I think it's just another heavy metal distortion band with false angst and hatred so they can sell records. Also, there is a band in my locality called Till She Cries. They are constantly feuding with this one other band because the other band claims that it should be spelled "Til'" instead of "Till," and the members of Till She Cries are stupid, illiterate punks. And yet, the name of the other band is Dimensia. Everything in my town is either punk (the really annoying, poppy kind), death metal, or that new "screamo" sensation. And then there is always the rapper who goes to my school, "Cashada."

THE BAND

only the greatest band in the world could get away with being called that with only the most even talent in most bands you get one or two true talents in THE BAND they were all Equal each one offering his own True Musicianship

they all contributed to songwriting they all new what was best for each song, they would switch instruments, switch vocal parts never play over each other, give each other space which made the songs great songs

why do you think Bob Dylan wanted these guys on board

he knew you couldn't get any better than this

Why did Clapton desperatley want to join them

why did George Harrison rate them as the best band ever

does that mean better than the Beatles George?

thats why they were allowed to be called

THE BAND

THE BAND

only the greatest band in the world could get away with being called that with only the most even talent in most bands you get one or two true talents in THE BAND they were all Equal each one offering his own True Musicianship

they all contributed to songwriting they all new what was best for each song, they would switch instruments, switch vocal parts never play over each other, give each other space which made the songs great songs

why do you think Bob Dylan wanted these guys on board

he knew you couldn't get any better than this

Why did Clapton desperatley want to join them

why did George Harrison rate them as the best band ever

does that mean better than the Beatles George?

thats why they were allowed to be called

THE BAND

Right on! The Band is my second favorite group of all-time (behind the Beatles) and one of the greatest IMO.

Their name while memorable also gave made them seem a little mysterious so its pretty cool.

They were very well respected within the musical community and with critics (audiences to a lesser degree).

I love how they embraced the roots of rock music and made such a unique and distinctive sound out of it while everyone else was either seeing how loud they could play or seeing how tripped out they could make there music. The Band had a very down to earth and informal feel.

:headphones:

In reply to cindy17838, some of those names you listed actually do describe their bands well. Siouxsie and the Banshees actually sounded a bit like banshees (supernatural beings whose eerie cries foreshadowed death and misfortune). As for Echo and the Bunnymen, Echo was the name of the drum machine (I don't know where the bunnies came from, though). Butthole Surfers is just a nasty, nasty name though, but I've never listened to any of their music, so for all I know they could be a nasty, nasty band.

A personal pet peeve in band names: How many nu-metal bands just seem to throw two random words together to make a name: Mudvayne? Hatebreed? (I'm sorry if I've offended any nu-metal fans out there :()

Anyway, I saw a documentary tonight, and I think its title would be a great band name: Teen Thrill Killers