A Rick Derringer Rundown?

Perhaps you can help me with a question? I heard this song the other night, it included the lyrics: "Snorting Whiskey, and drunk on Cocaine", or something to that effect. Is this Rick Derringer? Surely someone can remember Ricks finest? Give some insite to what else he done did that moves us? Gravitate toward the meaning of his existance? Know where he be gone to? Thanks, CHAFF :guitar:

First stared out with his band the McCoys, his #1 hits Hang on Sloopy knocked the beatles Yesterday out of the top spot in '65 -

Oh yeah, Rock n roll hoochie koo, Frankenstein (The Edgar Winters white trash) Free ride.

Throughout the 70's and 80's the popular Derringer appeared on numerous albums with artists Alice Cooper, Richie Havens, Todd Rundgren and Steely Dan. The list also includes Cyndi Lauper, Barbra Streisand, Kiss, Mason Ruffner and Madam X.

In the mid-80's, Derringer discovered Weird Al Yancovic, producing music for Grammy-winning albums and videos. Derringer's productions of the Michael Jackson parodies, the No. 1 hit "Eat It", and "Who's Fat", have been Yancovic's most successful recordings.

It was also in the 90's that Rick was selected to be producer/writer/performer of the World Wrestling Federation LP's. Hulk Hogan's theme song, "I Am A Real American" was written and performed by Rick as a part of these projects.

:guitar:

Thank You all for your participation, but a special thanks goes out to Floyd for reading my mind with the reply that hit the spot! I was amazed that Rick had worked with Todd Rundgren of Badfinger fame, and of course a pretty stellar solo career. You even mentioned the copied "Rock-N-Roll hoochie koo", that both Rick and Edgar Winters group covered (I believe), and great on you for it! Your a wealth of knowledge, and I am greatful for your participation. Thanks, CHAFF p.s. Peace and happyness find themselves when they meet. And, the truth is always better when the heart is intent on finding it; through the effort and desire to achieve it. CHAFF

First stared out with his band the McCoys, his #1 hits Hang on Sloopy knocked the beatles Yesterday out of the top spot in '65 -
And to think he was only 17 then. Man, how time flies!

A very honorable mention to a talented contributor of rock-n-roll. :guitar: