Susan Tedeschi

Elvish

It's hard to believe this woman isn't a household name yet. She's an accomplished (and Grammy nominated) songwriter, blues guitarist and singer often compared to the likes of Bonnie Raitt and Janis Joplin. Currently, she's in the studio recording her fourth album.

See her web page here. Also, check out some samples of her music on allmusic.com.

Let me know what you think!

I have one of her albums, and I really like it. There's a great track on it called "Alone."

I think she is (rightfully) considered Blues, which makes it hard for her to get airplay. She's definitely worth a listen.

- Isn't she married to another Blues musician?

It's hard to believe this woman isn't a household name yet. She's an accomplished (and Grammy nominated) songwriter, blues guitarist and singer often compared to the likes of Bonnie Raitt and Janis Joplin. Currently, she's in the studio recording her fourth album.

See her web page here. Also, check out some samples of her music on allmusic.com.

Let me know what you think!

It seems that (despite few exceptions) a singer has to either slant some of his/her music towards kids and/or issue a groovy video for VH1 or MTV.

And, re: Derek and Butch Trucks...There was a pitcher in the 50's-60's named Virgil Trucks. A little fiction and fact from Uncle's Almanac.