What became of the Tubular Bells?

Just as the subject line reflects; what did happen to the Tubular Bells?, and what albums, songs, and information do you have about them? Can you name the Band members? What did each do when they left the group? :shades:

If only it was just a song. Since he released the original album Tubular Bells in 1973, Mr Oldfield has seen fit to offer us Tubular Bells II and III, The Millennium Bell, Orchestral Tubular Bells, Tubular Bells 2003, The Best Of Tubular Bells and The Complete Tubular Bells.

For some reason the phrases 'milking it dry' and 'one trick pony' have just popped into my head.

I remember, perhaps mistakingly, a group called Tubular Bells. Perhaps it was the albums title I heard long ago and mistook it for the band name, that's possible. It was around the same era of the Tubes, and I always got the two mixed up, early on. Are you sure there wasn't a band by that name, afterall there has been a ton of bands. Thanks for your input. CHAFF

I'm actually not sure at all that there's no band named Tubular Bells, but I'd be willing to put alot of money on it.. They'd likely have to have paid a bit of royalties to Mike Oldfield to use the name, as his song was rather famous.. Wasn't it used in Clockwork Orange?

Tubular Bells is a work of art IMO. I've always wondered what it would be like to listen to the whole song without being subconsciously reminded of Regan spinning her head?

I've always found it interesting of how easily a movie can be thought of by hearing it's soundtrack, which usually the song is not intended for originally, like Tubular Bells.

Something I despise but unintentionally find humorous is when cheesy commercials use classic rock music sountracks. It cheapens the song IMO and who wants to think of drain cleaner when they hear one of their favorite rock songs? :P